General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have any recommendations on a GPS unit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 05:18 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts
Thumbs up Garmin for me

I have the Garmin Nuvi 265T and Love it and Fits in my Daytona Gear package quite well between the two best improvemnts could make for the Bike when travelling ..

Attached Thumbnails Anyone have any recommendations on a GPS unit?-gps-003.jpg  
Old 12-01-2008, 06:58 AM
blippo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Zuma 550, great product

Old 12-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Zummo 450 that I bought to go to sturgis never used it after that I will sell for 375. to you door conus.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:40 AM
wjvins
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Zumo 550

Love to get lost and find myself with my Zumo...Finds Service Stations, Food and Lodging without paper maps...

Paid for itself many times on trip to Milwaukee from San Antonio, Tx.

PCNation best price and service. Use Zumoforums.com to learn zumo

Walt

Old 12-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Blackbird
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Garmin

Old 12-01-2008, 06:37 PM
comaman2
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when it comes to this stuff,cheap is good and nextar units are cheap but work very well when you need to get to point A from point b for under a hundred dollars

Old 12-01-2008, 08:27 PM
jmehal
Cruiser

I bought a factory refurbished Garmin 2720 off ebay for $180 earlier this year. They are much cheaper now at $119. I then went and found the Garmin motorcycle mount and RAM mount to go with it. Works great and is completely water proof. Great unit, I didn't need bluetooth or satellite radio as I have a sirius radio on the bike already and don't want to talk on phone while riding. It came with the car kit and I love using it in my truck too.

bought mine from this guy on ebay, no connection, he just did me right, got what was advertised;

http://cgi.ebay.com/GARMIN-StreetPil...1%7C240%3A1308

It's the way to go for someone on a budget. There is a great thread on installation options here

http://www.*****************/forums/to...tion-here.html

get him the unit and let him figure out how he wants to mount/install with that thread, lot's of options in the thread.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by danmo
My fiancée's garmin is junk. It is always tring to get you turn where there isn't a road and will randomly re-direct you. It has done some random stuff.

Call Garmin! About 2 months ago, 6 months out of warranty, I had a problem with mine. I called Garmin and explained my problem. All I was looking for was to see if there was some easy fix I was overlooking or else where to send it to get it fixed. The guy I spoke with put me on hold for less than a minute, came back on and told me they were going to cover it under warranty! No charge. Got a brand new unit less than a week later. You cannot beat that kind of service, and you cannot buy that kind of good will/advertising! I will not hesitate to recommend Garmin products! Nor will I hesitate to buy another when the time comes.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:07 PM
moulin6801
Advanced
Default Garmin GPS

Garmin in my opinion is the best there is.
I am on my 3rd. I am also a Pilot and Garmin a favorite for pilots.
Garmin 76cx is my favorite. I use it on my Jet ski, car and motorcycle. It is water proof and even floats if you drop in the water.
I even take it with my when I go flying in small single engine airplane.
This garmin is tough and very handheld. They have different mounts, and that is how I switch from car, motorcycle etc. Another favorite fiture on this one is that takes 2 AA and it has a great battery live. When I rode to Sturgis 2500miles, I had the whole trip plotted before hand in my computer and downloaded to the Unit. In the 10 days trip I used 4 sets of AA.
I hope that helps.
David

Old 12-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Willie D
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Gps

I have a Zumo 550, and jst love it. have not had any problems and on my trip to the Arctic Circle this June it had all the routes and was right on when it came to finding Gas,food Lodging.

Best value for the $$$$

JMHO

Last edited by Willie D; 12-01-2008 at 10:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone have any recommendations on a GPS unit?