General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goggles and Contact Lenses

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 06:09 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everyone's different I guess...I wear one contact due to an operation to repair a torn retina a few years back...the vision didn't come back to 20/20...I've been wearing a pair of Killer Loop wrap arounds for years now, no tearing, nothing in the eyes...I actually tried wearing a really good pair of goggles borrowed from a friend, and felt like my head was in a vise...the Loops stay...

Old 11-26-2008, 06:14 PM
midlife rider
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good stuff regis, thanks. I'm 47 as well, and just got contacts. Haven't been able to find anything that works. If this doesn't work I guess I'll look at a full face...

Old 11-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Regis
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roadkill0000
Just curious. I have a FF helmet and was thinking of getting goggles also. I thought that in the summer if I flipped the visor up I could get some extra ventilation, but then i'd need a pair of goggles. Are these goggles good for that?
They work for me in that situation, or while wearing my full face. Shop carefully for the particular model that will suit you on Classic Goggles. There are differences in features and sizing.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Regis
Cruiser

Originally Posted by midlife rider
Good stuff regis, thanks. I'm 47 as well, and just got contacts. Haven't been able to find anything that works. If this doesn't work I guess I'll look at a full face...

I was wearing a full face and went to a 3/4 helmet. The Panoptics and Wiley-X did work, but just didn't last for beans. These look like much better quality.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Ghosty
Tourer

Back in the sixties when I wore contacts and a 3/4 helmet I found that ski goggles with amber lenses worked great day or night. Most ski goggles are made of tougher materials and tend to last longer.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Received My Classic Goggles

My Classic Goggles arrived yesterday. VERY nice stuff here. Yes they're pricey, but the quality is obvious.

I ordered the gum metal finish with iridium lenses. They came stock with yellow and smoked lenses. The nose bridge width is adjustable and the fit is snug ans secure. They are great to ride with. I felt no wind whatsoever and with contact lenses, that is a real plus.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:13 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't wear contacts but I carry goggles incase I run into blowing sand or heavy bug traffic.

My clear goggles are Bugz brand.

Aerostich and others sell them, about $50.00
double lensed to cut down on condensation
had them for at least 10 years now

For a dark colored lense, I have a Costa Del Mar surf goggles.
not sure if they make them any more.
Excellent lense, very dark and polarized.

Make sure you get some Cat Crap or other anti-fog agent.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:15 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I have been wearing contacts for 25 years. They stop me from doing nothing....watersports, swimming underwater with my eyes open, or riding a bike. Regular sunglasses work just fine for me. I must be one of the lucky ones.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:34 PM
papadop88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the Panoptix 7 series glasses now for over 6 months and wear them everytime. They still look brand new. Never had a problem with them. Sorry to hear about your situation man.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Regis
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ktm_scott
My Classic Goggles arrived yesterday. VERY nice stuff here. Yes they're pricey, but the quality is obvious.

I ordered the gum metal finish with iridium lenses. They came stock with yellow and smoked lenses. The nose bridge width is adjustable and the fit is snug ans secure. They are great to ride with. I felt no wind whatsoever and with contact lenses, that is a real plus.
LOL, I ordered the exact same thing! Glad to hear the quality is good and the results as well. I get mine tommorow. Thanks for the update!

Quick Reply: Goggles and Contact Lenses