General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

renew HOG membership?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 01:11 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chopperz
Membership expires in 2 months.I already renewed it once.I am trying to figure out what I've gotten out of it.Nothing much really.I already have roadside asst. with my insurance co.Gone to a few rallys.They are mostly vendor sales,and 2nd rate bands.I'm thinking I can just as easily pick a destination to travel to.What benefits am I overlooking?
Well I solved that problem with re-newing years back, (04/1983) 00116XX after the first 3 years or so took the one time payment to become a life member, I like the mag, I am not in any chapter, really have it for towing, they send people who know how to tow a m/c, never used it and I ride a shovel : - ) I have all the patches and pins they are in plastic bags : - ) I like the map book nice to have when traveling even in the car and with GPS, the unit doesn’t show hd dealers.

Tuff call, but for $20 bucks and the towing, does your towing handle bikes and how long the wait ?

Good luck

cj

Old 11-23-2008, 01:33 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,

I know I've stated this before...It boils down to your local chapter. If your chapter is like the one in my area that only rides to Hardee's on a Thursday night for either free or discounted food and does nothing else, then it's not worth it. If there was a chapter near me that did long rides, community service, and get-togethers I would join and remain a member.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:49 PM
HRLYSG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be renewing my national HOG membership because I am active in a local HOG chapter. Not worried about the cost as I get it back in dealer discounts and chapter perks.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:04 PM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lifer here,used the tow benny back in 94 when my stator went out on my way back from Sturgis,used Fly & Ride twice other then that the last 7-8 packets Ive gotten are still un opened........He11 I just put the little HOG Owner sticker in the back of my new trk that I got back in 86.....Its supposed to go on the bike but puttin sticker on the bike aint hapnin unless it means something...Read the Mags tho.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:12 PM
IlDuce
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

i went to my local hog dealer the other day, I asked them if i have any benefits because i am a National Hog member... the woman told me No. But once a year they have a 50-70 % off... she also told me they only meet once a month and its only a handful of people... so I look at it as a waste

Old 11-23-2008, 02:13 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Ya get out of HOG, what ya put into it. I'm a national lifetime member, never been in a local chapter, don't want to be. I do know a lot of people that love the local chapter thing, and I say good for them! I enjoy the national rallys, or I used too. Gonna try to get to some of them this comming new year. HOG is really a pretty good deal when ya think about it! I think I'll stick around untill THE END

Old 11-23-2008, 02:19 PM
krusr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you like your chapter and enjoy the runs and events, re-up.
Sounds like you feel you didn't get that much out of it so...

Krusr

Old 11-23-2008, 02:20 PM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by will2002
Ya get out of HOG, what ya put into it. I'm a national lifetime member, never been in a local chapter, don't want to be. I do know a lot of people that love the local chapter thing, and I say good for them! I enjoy the national rallys, or I used too. Gonna try to get to some of them this comming new year. HOG is really a pretty good deal when ya think about it! I think I'll stick around untill THE END
X2......
My local chapter is 78 miles away so I never joined,they have some attitudes/memebers that keep me away from them......The MY SHET DONT STINK and Iam BETTER THEN YOU type of attitude.....Sometimes it just better to be a Independent rider........

Old 11-23-2008, 02:23 PM
l.ray
Road Warrior

I will re-new for the assist. I dont partake of any other HOG things, except to ride one. L.ray

Old 11-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member

I belong to national and probably will remain a member. I tried the local group for a year, but found they were very uninterested in new members. The local dealer gives no discount for being in HOG. So for now I will remain a national HOG member.

Quick Reply: renew HOG membership?