General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker's choice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008 | 05:26 PM
thehuskybear
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FBTRIKE
You young wippersnappers and your new math and calculators.
Way back when I was 22, that would have put me in the under 30 crowd, not the under 20 crowd.......I'm 54 look and feel 75 and still hate wimpscreens and fenders........but I do need bags to carry my Geritol, hearing aid batteries, Depends, cane etc. But I can count.
Well... I just want to make sure you ol geezers can still read through your coke bottle glasses! Besides, being 22 do does put me in the under 20 category if we are going by maturity!

Old 11-23-2008 | 05:35 PM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by tima
Hey, I thought 50 was the new 30?? krwould and I think so anyway,....Ultra's gots to be the one!
Hey Cmon.. Im 53 and still riden Customs..
I'll carry my own torch awhile longer TYVM..
Just sayen

Last edited by PastorTom; 11-23-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 11-23-2008 | 06:08 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by thehuskybear
Well... I just want to make sure you ol geezers can still read through your coke bottle glasses! Besides, being 22 do does put me in the under 20 category if we are going by maturity!
If it went by maturity, most men would be in the under 20 category, with a good portion of them in the under 10 crowd.

Old 11-23-2008 | 06:50 PM
cdale976
Road Master

56 yrs young.. solo i prefer the sporty.helps to keep the ticker beatin
with the ol it usually means the bagger comes out. She no longer trusts me on the sporty. plus she likes the comfort and bags to store sh*****.
figure so long as two wheels are rollin I am still here in a way I wanrt to be.....

Old 11-23-2008 | 07:31 PM
Rancid17
Cruiser

as far as Harleys go it's gotta be the street bob, when you think "old school biker" you think a bike that only has enough parts to turn it on and roll, no fairing, bags, floor boards. The street bob is perfect for the young guys, it's got the big engine, it's almost the same weight as the sporties and it's WAY cheaper than the big baggers...+it's "really" easy to take things off of it, since there's not all that plastic to remove first.

Old 11-23-2008 | 07:46 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

Pans, Shovels, Ironheads, Evo's, and Twin Cams...I've had a little of each. The only bike I truly wish I'd never gotten rid of is my 1987 FXLR Anniversary Low Rider. Absolutely a bulletproof bike, that I wish I could get back, and keep. That said, I'll probably go to the grave with my Road King in the garage, or under me when it happens. Regardless of whether I get a new ride or not. It's a keeper. Just a super bike. I'm sure if I had one of those 09's....that'd be my choice.

Old 11-23-2008 | 08:40 PM
thehuskybear
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
If it went by maturity, most men would be in the under 20 category, with a good portion of them in the under 10 crowd.
Gotta stay young some how!

Old 11-23-2008 | 10:46 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by tom071200c
I know what you mean man, going to Milwaukee in August I was the only 20 something in our group. And the only one not on a bagger for that matter. At every stop, I had at least one or two people coming up to me to make sure I could handle it LOL. Those old timers must forget you have a little more stamina in your 20s for things like that...

I will say that somehow those old timers are still good at pullin trim on their baggers!! Lots of nice lookin ladies at functions for that many old guys!!!
What was your first clue, SON? Where's yours? And NOT on a bagga.

Originally Posted by thehuskybear
My coke glasses may be deceiveing me, but are those SHOCKS on the rear of your electric start scoot? Oh that's right, you ol' fartz ain't got the heart for hardtails and kickers, and prob'ly ain't got the stamina to even git it started. Didn't mean to embarass ya. Should learn to respect my elders who ride 'cushy' scoots. Bwahahaha

H*ll, my main ride is going on 44, and the back up is 30.
You'll never catch me, but someday, you may be where I am at.

Old 11-23-2008 | 11:01 PM
travroc
Road Warrior

35 here, and I am partial to the XL's and FX's. I think us younger folks like the "skinny" bare bones bikes. Just say no to wimpshields, batwing/sharknose fairings, bikes with trunks, stereos with more power than the one in my truck, lower fairings to protect your legs from the wind, etc, etc, etc.... That said, I ride plenty enough to appreciate the creature comforts so my next ride, in addition to my Sporty, is going to be the "part-time" bagger A.K.A.....the Heritage Classic. There is just so much you can do to that bike. Probably the most versatile in the line up.

Old 11-23-2008 | 11:09 PM
ron bayless
Road Master

I am 59,just bought my 04 ultra.traded in 1200 sportster for it.I loved riding the sportster for curves and hot rodding around, but i much prefer the ride of the ultra.My 26 year old son loved riding the sportster but he wouldnt be seen on my ultra.But, he and his best friends all about 25 years old are really into bobbers,handbuilt customs.I think all the young kids agree harleys are cool, but most of them ride crotch rockets.My boy and his friends are exceptions i suppose.