General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is OCC going down?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 09:30 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is OCC going down?

Just happened to see a rerun of the first episode. Man cant believe how lazy paul jr. got after all these years. Back then they show him actually building a tank and doing most of the work himself. I guess you get some money and just pay someone else to do the work for ya. Anyway with the way the economy is right now do you think anyone is out buying choppers? I cant imagine the payments the old man is making on the new building. Look what happened to all the chopper builders when the whole chopper thing took a dive. Is it only a matter of time before the occ boys start to feel the pinch? I guess vinnie and the rest got out when the gettin was good.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:51 AM
itchin
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been a long time since i watched an episode, did Vinnie leave? Why. The whole chopper thing was a fad from the get go. It was just a matter of time before it all faded away. I have'nt watched an episode since they sat together on the couch and cried in each others arms.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:35 AM
TideRKC
Tourer

Originally Posted by red devil
I guess vinnie and the rest got out when the gettin was good.
Not sure they were that lucky/smart. Vinnie and Cody started their own company.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:40 AM
thomaskray
Road Master

i hate those stupid "theme" bikes anyway. Wish the show would cover more of the "regular" bikes they build.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:46 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Serve them right to go under,emailed them about a bike they had for sale,never heard a word back from them,they can keep their crap,lucky they didn't reply,but shows you what their customer service is like.Had the same response from a big Texas Harley dealer,was interested in one of their bikes,never heard back from them either,bought something else local,screw um.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:50 AM
krusr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got burned out on that show fast but I guess they're doing ok looking at their new "World Operations" headquarters and the homes dad and the boys own.

I think Vinnie and Cody opened a shop called V-Force customs, saw one of their bikes up at Reno's Street Vibrations. Not bad but not for me.

Wish the Discovery channel would bring back "Biker Build-off"

Kinda liked that one,

Krusr

Old 11-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like them or not, they have done well for themselves. Their show would not keep being renewed if it was not popular. If the producers could not sell advertising, the show would stop.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:26 AM
jwilson77
Cruiser

I also got burned out on that show real fast. It became less and less about building bikes and more about the drama between the family members and other employees.

Hey Red, I see you are from Pottsville. That would be pretty convienent being so close to Yuengling for me! haha

Old 11-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I would expect they are hurting because of the large expenditures for the new building and equipment. I would think the TV exec's lulled them into a false sense of security with all the bucks they rolled in over the past 6-8 years. I think they over-valued themselves and while it may have worked for a while, I doubt its working now.

Sr doesn't seem the intellectual one. Doh!
Jr has a great deal of talent but seems a pompous ***.
Vinnie ran the show.
Cody gave me the impression of a jerk.

I didn't even know they were still doing the shows since everytime I check the guide they are re-runs.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

OCC bikes ain't choppers, they are custom build motorcycles. OCC's are some of the worst customs out there, most are beyond ugly. Custom bikes are done and so are they.

Check the paper or CL you can get a used Big Dog, Titan, etc for less than a new HD.

Quick Reply: Is OCC going down?