General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is OCC going down?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 11:29 AM
TRS_2000FLHRCI
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a pretty decent and interesting show when it was more "real". When it became "scripted" I lost all interest.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:34 AM
learfxr
Tourer

They are making a ton of money from the shirts and other junk that is sold around the world. Mostly bought by those that don't own a bike.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:38 AM
skullhead
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Say what you will about them but like them or not everyone knows who they are so Sr must be doing something right. He was smart enough to follow the motor companies lead and got his name/logo on everything he could. So if the bike sales fall off he still has money coming in from clothes, endorsements and whatever else he has his trademark on.

Then he took the whole dog and pony show over seas so maybe he'll get a second wave out of that.

And remember your watching a TV show so take everything you see with a grain of salt.

As for talent the only one IMO with any real skills is Rick. Yeah we all like Vinney but he is just a good mechanic. Rick is the one that can really bend some metal.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:27 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would watch the show if it showed more of the customer built bikes. When I seen the first episode I thought it was pretty cool but now forget it. The customer bikes in the background look a hell of alot better than pretty much all of the theme bikes. jwilson77 thats right I live 3 blocks from the brewery and I must say I do support yuengling whenever possible. Gotta love that premium & lager

Old 11-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Noride
Tourer

Over the years I've learned to admire these kinds of folks. They went from regular joes to being "something"... I don't like they're stuff or they're marketing, but I can appreciate they're hard work. If their COMPANIES fail I doubt they'll be lined up in congress asking for a hand out.... I would be one hell of a pampuss *** if I had 1% of what they have, oh wait, I already am, and I don't have squat......

Old 11-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by learfxr
They are making a ton of money from the shirts and other junk that is sold around the world. Mostly bought by those that don't own a bike.
You talking about Harley Davidson or OCC?!

I think it's funny how people diss on one company for doing it, but are loyal to another.

If someone came up to you and presented you with the same opportunity that OCC had, would you take it?

I know I would!

Old 11-20-2008, 02:24 PM
skullhead
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mascman
You talking about Harley Davidson or OCC?!

I think it's funny how people diss on one company for doing it, but are loyal to another.
+1 You nailed it.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:31 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bikes are not where SR gets his money. The steel fabrication business that his other son runs provides the day to day income. Everything else is just play money. Has been like that from the start.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:37 PM
ilmanzo31
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bring back biker build off!!! i thoroughly enjoyed every episode / competition

Old 11-20-2008, 02:38 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

i agree like them or not they have made some big buck's.but i think alot of custom bike builder's will be history before to long.and i agree with the fact that they should bring back biker build off. good show and far a occ can't say i would miss them.but it was a bike show even tho all the crap .i think amercan thunder is on the way out to. most of this year has been nothing but rerun's.

Quick Reply: Is OCC going down?