General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They Walked

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 09:04 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by swordy
i dont get it, how can 1 guy shoot an other guy, and not get done for it cop or not? was the 1% armed as well? but slower on the draw! because im a brit & we dont carry guns in public, i cant understand anyone goin out for a ride & a few beers with a loaded gun? plain fcukin dumb!!!! this i carry & i aint affraid to use it attitude is just ******* tryin to be big in my eyes!!! did they get bullied at school or did there first bird chuck em for a man? dont get it. if the 1% had shoot the cop would he have walked? if he shoot back & killed the cop then what?
So you think it more English for the off duty cop to have been beaten to death. Or in this case choked to death from behind. Or are you saying that if he wasn't carrying a gun, the HA wouldn't have tried to kill him.

Had the reverse been the case and an armed HA was attacked and his life in danger, the outcome would've been the same. The right to self defense is one of the basic human rights we still have here.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:28 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

SURPRISE....SURPRISE....SURPRISE..in my best Gomer Pyle voice....

This just proves that LEO's do not have to follow the same laws as the rest of us peons. So he has a CCW...but he was in a bar and he was drinking. duh...

This is the same sh*tbag that lied in an investigation and harassed fans at a sporting event. He has now gotten away with so much for so long that his next victim will be at the hands of our fine judicial system. And mark my word, there will be another victim.

I think I'll go vomit now....

Old 11-18-2008, 10:15 AM
cdale976
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In most cases I would have to agree with the vedict. In this case I disagree. This particular LEO is a trouble maker from day one. His record as a leo indicates he looks hard for trouble and feels his status as a LEO allows him privilage above and beyond the law.
My son being a LEO has a tendency to agree and his friends as well.
This particular guy is scum as far as I am concerned

Old 11-18-2008, 10:18 AM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well one thing now. I don't feel threatened by 1% ers when I'm in a bar. I mind my business and they do too. However I will leave any bar if I see a Iron pig or whatever The LEO bikers call themselves. Macho, armed, drinking with a license to do what they want (scary)

Old 11-18-2008, 11:09 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

More Monday morning quarterbacking going on in this thread. Nobody knows what happened except the people directly involved. I have faith that this case was investigated, taken to trial and justice applied. Personally, I think that there were too many jurisdictions involved for there to have been "a cover up".

Old 11-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Yonaton
Not Smart Enough To Be A Member of HDF

Originally Posted by honestbob
well one thing now. I don't feel threatened by 1% ers when I'm in a bar. I mind my business and they do too. However I will leave any bar if I see a Iron pig or whatever The LEO bikers call themselves. Macho, armed, drinking with a license to do what they want (scary)
+1...they're going to do it again and again, now that they know they can get away with it.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:44 PM
outlaw0013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
So you think it more English for the off duty cop to have been beaten to death. Or in this case choked to death from behind. Or are you saying that if he wasn't carrying a gun, the HA wouldn't have tried to kill him.

Had the reverse been the case and an armed HA was attacked and his life in danger, the outcome would've been the same. The right to self defense is one of the basic human rights we still have here.

If he was being chocked to death from behind it was pretty reckless for him to shoot. How did he know where his shots would go. Law or no law nobody should be packing in a bar while drinking period.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:16 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yankeeflyer72
Just heard on the Seattle news that all charges have been dropped against the Seattle cop, IRON PIG, MC, who shot the Hells Angel in Sturgis. Not surprising the judge said the officer was protected under the Federal ruling allowing LEO`s to carry "Wherever they choose to carry." Quote
You knew the outcome when the incident first occured. So predictable. Such a shame.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Roadjunkie1
Banned

Was there ever a doubt? How about this scenerio? What if the officer had not been armed?

I think we all know the question to that one.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:40 PM
PirateRider
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
He should never have been charged. The SD DA thought state law against carrying in a bar superseded federal law. A first year law student should know better. And who was the misinformed ATF spokesperson that said HB-218 was not applicable?

Justice was served in this case. According to testimony, Detective Ron Smith was assaulted by one or more HA and shot one in self defense. As it should be, IMO.

Nothing against the HA but when one adult assaults another adult he/she is risking their life. Fighting is for kids, killing to protect yourself or another innocent person is for adults. I personally assume everyone that carries has that attitude, whether they have a permit or not. And if you carry and do not have that attitude, you better get it before you get hurt.
Well said!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: They Walked