Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springer

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Ronbo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springer

Are the FXSTS getting a bad rap? Harley says it's the number seller?????. Yet when ther ads come out it's not even listed. Whats with that? I have an 04 and I love it. What do you other springers think?

Old 04-06-2006, 04:26 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Springer

I don't have a Springer but I LOVE how they look... The only "bad" thing I have ever heard about them is that the ride is kinda stiff.

About the only thing I do not like about the springer are the brackets that hold on the front fender... Don't know what it is but I do not like that look... Would have to figure out a way to bob it...

Old 04-06-2006, 05:58 PM
redscout
Road Captain

They're probably lumping the Springers in with the softtails in their literature....

I like the Springers. Haven't ridden one lately, but they look great.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:59 AM
gary99z28
Intermediate

I have a 2002 springer and my brother has a 2005 springer classic. I will ride nothing but a springer. Out of all the bikes I rode, I think the springer front end rides the best. I just wish HD sold them on Dyna's.

Old 04-07-2006, 04:21 AM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 65 Posts

My '91 Springer

[IMG]local://upfiles/3757/B14991CA66264F1D9C523F778C94644D.jpg[/IMG]

Loved it dearly, always drew a crowd. Sold it to a nice YOUNG man who could handle the vibration (EVO) Ride a nice stock Wide Glide now. No crowds, no vibrations, just a nice bike.

Old 04-07-2006, 05:35 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

I have an 05 Springer and I really like it. I'm not an authority on the ride of other Harleys, but the ride doesn't feel stiff to me. I will admit that I haven't seen another one in the area where I live, but I don't know why they don't seem to be as popular as the other models. No offense to the other Harleys, but I wouldn't trade my Springer for any one of them. By the way, I also like the Springer Classic. I like the retro look that they have.

Old 04-07-2006, 05:39 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Howdy, I really like the looks of your Springer. I was wondering about something, are those 16" apes that you have on it? I have been thinking of going higher on my Springer than what I have and I was just curious about yours. I have been looking at the Wild 1 Chubbies for Springers and I have seen other pics of them on Springers and I think that they would be just right for me. Thanks
ORIGINAL: screwball

My '91 Springer

Loved it dearly, always drew a crowd. Sold it to a nice YOUNG man who could handle the vibration (EVO) Ride a nice stock Wide Glide now. No crowds, no vibrations, just a nice bike.

Old 04-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Ronbo
Advanced

Thanks for the replys. I also would not ride anything but a springer. But did you know that the FXSTS has a trail of 5.43" that is way some say it's sloggis at low speeds.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:33 PM
B.Fighter43
Advanced

I have an 2001 Softail Springer and just put Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars on it I Love the ride of my Springer, And I get people asking about the ride and how it handles all the time...
I always tell them these bikes get a bad rap. Why don't they just go test ride one from a dealer and they can't explain why they haven't. I personally feel they just can't go the price of one them. I also have owned shocked bikes all of my life and can't even begin to think about a motorcycle other then my springer. But Springer owners beware they will Steal You'r Springer before other Harley's THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF RIDERS HARLEY RIDERS AND THEN SPRINGER HARLEY RIDERS. Which one are you!!!!!!!

Old 04-11-2006, 12:03 AM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 65 Posts

ORIGINAL: SPRINGER

Howdy, I really like the looks of your Springer. I was wondering about something, are those 16" apes that you have on it? I have been thinking of going higher on my Springer than what I have and I was just curious about yours. I have been looking at the Wild 1 Chubbies for Springers and I have seen other pics of them on Springers and I think that they would be just right for me. Thanks
ORIGINAL: screwball

My '91 Springer

They look a bit taller than they are. Those are 14's, with 1 inch risers. I'm 5'10" and that put the bars a bit above my shoulders. At my advanced age and crap circulation, hands kept falling asleep. Did a bunch of engine work on the old beast, it was faster than hell, but tended to heat up in traffic. The lowering shocks really stiffened up the ride, and the LePera "wedgie seat" didn't help much.....really looked good though! Sold it to a young guy that really liked the look.

Quick Reply: Springer