General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tileing a trailer.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:32 PM
High Gear
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 7x16 cargo trailer I haul quads with was ( I felt ) a bit slippery with just the bare wood.

I used grey Behr ( home depot) porch and floor paint with some sand in it for the floor and wrapped it up the walls a foot .

Painted the walls white to brighten up the interior ( you could get fancy here) .

No regrets you couldn't slip on that floor if you tried .( snow,mud,water)

Old 11-10-2008, 07:51 PM
llbandit
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SeniorChief56
why can't you just answer the question, instead of giving negative opinions? 1FLTRI4ME is correct,,,,,go to your local tile center, not Lowes or Home Depot and tell them what you want to do. You will need floor underlayment plywood, (3/8"- 1/2" thick) glue and screwed down into your existing 3/4" plywood flooring. Or if the existing flooring is in great shape,disregard the underlayment plywood. All seams will need to be taped with fiberglass tape. You will need to lay down the proper adhesive prior to applying the tape. Then use any commercial grade tile adhesive and lay your tile following all manufactures instructions. Have fun doing it

Geeze budnlucy
Apparently I can't give you my opinion of what I think would be good or bad about a 'tile' floor in a bike trailer for a 70 something year old gentleman. I recommend you do exactly as sc56 says and go directly to your nearest tile store and buy whatever that pimple faced kid at the counter wants to sell you that day... which leads me to another little problem... sc56 states go to a 'tile center' 'Not Lowes or Home Depot' but sc56 also says 1FLTRI4ME is correct, but 1FLTRI4ME says go to 'Lowes or Home Depot'... Now which one is the correct one??? I just don't know, but being as to how I'm not allowed to give negative responses I 'spose I'll just watch the forum and see what these other guys (who could give a rats azz about who's worried about giving negative opinions) would recommend for a trailer for my 70 year old friend...

Old 11-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Lockman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used 12"x12" glue down CVT (Composite Vinyl Tile) in my car hauler. Looks great and wears well, however YOU CAN BUST YOU A$$. Had to put rubber mats at the side door and at the ramp. The other trailers got epoxy paint w/ silica.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:18 AM
GoCubs
Cruiser

Try these: http://www.mygaragestore.com/detail.aspx?ID=1507
no personal experience with them, just googled Harley rubber floor tiles, good luck.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:28 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't spill oil or gas or store my motorcycle in the bathroom or kitchen. Related information that I was told from someone I know and believe that tiled his trailer. I have an enclosed trailer and I elected to leave it unfinished wood which is rough but it has got slick from oil leak before I cleaned it up. I have thought of using bed liner. What do you have? What experience do you have except lip? All I see is lip right now.You need to leave your attitude somewhere else. These people gave opinions and information to the original post and the person asking the question can choose what he wishes to use.
Originally Posted by SeniorChief56
yea right, so if you have tile in your bathroom or kitchen,you better
take it up or put on some non skid......

Old 11-13-2008, 04:46 AM
TheGeek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did it on my last trailer, slipperier than snail snot!

Old 11-13-2008, 05:07 AM
Roadjunkie1
Banned

Tiling a WHAT?

Old 11-13-2008, 05:08 AM
Roadjunkie1
Banned

Someone has way too much time on their hands. 8-)

Old 11-14-2008, 05:58 AM
budnlucy
Tourer

He is going with the stick down tiles. I measured it yesterday, 210 sqft. He said if it was to slippery just take it up and do something else. When he makes his mind up its made up. He even wants the ramp done but i'm going to put some non skid tape down on it.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:48 PM
skyking23j
Stage I
Default Tile for trailer

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. That's how I found this site. I'm going to use the Self-adhesive tiles, if I can find them. Have you found a place to get them?

Thanks,
Bob