General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My bike is being held hostage!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 08:06 AM
pooh6369
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My bike is being held hostage!!

Man went in a week ago just for some Rush slip-ons, stage 1 A/C and remap. Should be done in a day or two. Now says pipes ordered were wrong ( I think he forgot about ordering them!!!) now have to wait a few more days before getting her back. Had plans this weekend to ride, said to come P/U bike and bring it back just left it and will get it when it's done. Am I out of line asking for a discount? I mean a easy 2 hour job and it takes a week. Sorry just gotta vent stealer got me by my short hairs!!!

Old 11-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Not E'nuff Harley
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Did that job come with a tube of vaseline? It should have. I bought my V&H Straightshots and Stage 1 a/c and istalled them myself. Short trip to the dealer for the re-map. It took them longer to download the map into the ecm than it did to install the parts. It wasn't because they were busy, either. I watched the whole time they stood around and b.s.'d with each other smokin' cigarettes. Finally had a short chat with the owner who walked past and happened to ask me how I was doing.
When I had the 103" installed with the sert, it only took them a day. Guess the owner took their cigarettes away that day! LOL!

Old 11-09-2008, 09:03 AM
jeffl0924
Road Master

Originally Posted by pooh6369
Man went in a week ago just for some Rush slip-ons, stage 1 A/C and remap. Should be done in a day or two. Now says pipes ordered were wrong ( I think he forgot about ordering them!!!) now have to wait a few more days before getting her back. Had plans this weekend to ride, said to come P/U bike and bring it back just left it and will get it when it's done. Am I out of line asking for a discount? I mean a easy 2 hour job and it takes a week. Sorry just gotta vent stealer got me by my short hairs!!!
Not being an ***...but if its and easy 2 hour job(which it is) why didnt you buy the parts and do it yourself...save some coin in the process too....

Old 11-09-2008, 09:42 AM
pooh6369
Advanced

Well didn't plan on it being there that long if I would have known I would have done it, it's just a vent on my end normally a good dealer just a situation that happen to me not of the norm fustrating none the less

Old 11-09-2008, 09:44 AM
phrogflyer
Road Master

Originally Posted by jeffl0924
Not being an ***...but if its and easy 2 hour job(which it is) why didnt you buy the parts and do it yourself...save some coin in the process too....

that, or never drop off a bike until you have parts in hand.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm confused by the title of your post....how is the dealer holding your bike hostage? What are they requiring of you before they release it? Seems they were trying to accommodate your weekend plans by letting you pick it up, then bring it back. So, other than the question of whether they ordered the wrong pipes or actually ordered them at all, I fail to see where there's an issue?

Slipons are super simple to do yourself...hardest part is getting the old ones off....The A/C is even easier...then a quick trip to the dealer for the download and you're done.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:28 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

When it comes to this Forum. I like to think a what my Ole Man used to tell me when I was a kid and feeling abused.
He would say....."If you are looking for sympathy you'll find it in the dictionary, it's right in between Sh*t and Syphilis".

Old 11-09-2008, 11:58 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Joe Diver
I'm confused by the title of your post....how is the dealer holding your bike hostage? What are they requiring of you before they release it? Seems they were trying to accommodate your weekend plans by letting you pick it up, then bring it back. So, other than the question of whether they ordered the wrong pipes or actually ordered them at all, I fail to see where there's an issue?

Slipons are super simple to do yourself...hardest part is getting the old ones off....The A/C is even easier...then a quick trip to the dealer for the download and you're done.
What's an average price for the download, if I may ask?

Old 11-09-2008, 12:07 PM
pooh6369
Advanced

The post was more in jest, said part was going to be in mon dropped it off mon morning, told them i'll be back thursday to P/U just went in assuming it would be done didn't call thats when I got the wrong pipe ordered guess i'm pissed they didn't call and let me know it wasn't there. At the least show customer service and call explain the delay. That's it, waiting for her to come home!!!!!

Old 11-09-2008, 12:07 PM
pooh6369
Advanced

Download $170

Quick Reply: My bike is being held hostage!!