General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a loud pipes ticket today on the way to work

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 05:29 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,034 Likes on 17,924 Posts

Can't say what pipes are setting them off elsewhere but here in the Bay area it's Thunder Headers , seems the " I gotta be Cool but got a small pecker " crew love those pipes and 100+ " motors and all they really do is ride around in town rapping the hell out of them just to play dig me . Best part is they have those 500wt stereo's cranked up so loud so they can hear over the pipes it's pissing off all local gang bangers because it's drowning out their too loud stereo's . I've ran and been around straight pipes on shovels for yrs so noise isn't new but it's gotten to the point around here I wish they would start busting ***** on a lot more of them

Old 07-29-2010, 05:30 AM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

did you rack the pipes when you pulled away?

Old 07-29-2010, 08:15 AM
RoadGlide0611
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just my 2 cents, that's an example of too much tax payer money spent on cops not doing what they should be doing, and that is safety control. No, there writing tickets to keep their job. Maybe too many cops?

Old 07-29-2010, 08:36 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

Originally Posted by HarleyTenFour
Just my 2 cents, that's an example of too much tax payer money spent on cops not doing what they should be doing, and that is safety control. No, there writing tickets to keep their job. Maybe too many cops?
any of you guys that complain about "small violations" ever go fishing? Thats all this is - drop a hook in the water (patrol), see what you catch (violation), and once you pull it in maybe its a keeper (felony). If not (misd/infraction), toss it back and keep fishing.

Like it or not your elected representatives passed the law based on input from your fellow citizens - if you're crew is bigger and louder than theirs (voices in the halls of the state legislature, not pipes on the streets) then you can change the laws too. Get involved, or live with it

Old 07-29-2010, 11:20 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by scg1953
I guess your argument would be valid providing that at exact time and location, there was a reckless driver, drunk driver, etc. and the officer decided that he would just give a ticket for pipes. Do you see my point? It's kind of like people saying ... the COP was giving me a ticket for making an illegal turn when there was a murder occuring a block away. This senario could also be seen as a non effective use of resources. I guess the bottom line is that "best use of resources" is relitive to the situation at hand.
Please don't take this as me arguing with you but only a different point of view in a friendly way. No offence intended !
so many donuts, so little time....

Originally Posted by jamesw
I looked at the "Forum" on the noiseoff.org site, and it looks like we will have to tread lightly! They started in 2004, and they are already up to 114 members! With groundswell like that........
yeah, but they're like cockroaches, for every one that you see......

Last edited by skratch; 07-29-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Ultra Street Jewell
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VsTheWorld
any of you guys that complain about "small violations" ever go fishing? Thats all this is - drop a hook in the water (patrol), see what you catch (violation), and once you pull it in maybe its a keeper (felony). If not (misd/infraction), toss it back and keep fishing.

Like it or not your elected representatives passed the law based on input from your fellow citizens - if you're crew is bigger and louder than theirs (voices in the halls of the state legislature, not pipes on the streets) then you can change the laws too. Get involved, or live with it
Back in the 80's I got a ticket for not having a permit to fish by the dam. $2.00 permit to fish on this water DNR told me and wrote me a ticket for $50.00...... Never paid the ticket....Back in 92 I was pulled over for having a tail light out and halled of to jail for a FTA for this $2.00 permit, that turned into a $50.00 ticket, that then turned around and had me sitting in jail.....

Talk about your fish stories.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:47 PM
wheel752
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cop's a dick

Old 09-15-2010, 04:50 PM
GrimmRider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Avoid the Cajon-zone!

Old 09-15-2010, 09:21 PM
shiftharder
Road Master

since I put on my V&H I`m waiting for my first ticket - don`t know when but I know it`s coming.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:24 PM
shiftharder
Road Master

Originally Posted by HarleyTenFour
I`m thinking they caught all the illegals and not much crime with all the gangs in prison in CA so they are looking something else to do.

Quick Reply: Got a loud pipes ticket today on the way to work