General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a loud pipes ticket today on the way to work

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 03:09 PM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is just one more reason for me to stay North of one of Arizona's borders and East of another.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:33 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesw
I looked at the "Forum" on the noiseoff.org site, and it looks like we will have to tread lightly! They started in 2004, and they are already up to 114 members! With groundswell like that........
It's not the quantity with group it's the quality (if you want to call it that) they have politicians and 1 in particular is the witch that started the assembly bill for smog checks in California. So yeah stomp if you want but it's always the one you don't see coming that gets you.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:52 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member

hey we all know we are illigal this guy is stand up guy to admit he was wrong, why are all of you bashing a cop for doing his duty, we all know someday we will get called on for our knowing mistakes, hell i ride with non dot helmet and pipes that set alarms off, when its my turn i`ll pay the ticket

Old 07-29-2010, 12:23 AM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Im glad to see this is a fairly old thread. I ride the 8 west from 2nd ave all the way to Pacific Hwy every morning at the same time you got your ticket. Funny thing is I see CHP motor cops every morning with someone pulled over. I have had them ride right passed me a few times.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:38 AM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've ridden with loud pipes (Samson fish tails, cobra, V&H Longshots, D&D Fats, HD Duals with the baffles out) for the past fifteen years in San Diego County to Oregon, AZ and NV. Around LEOs and HP and have hardly gotten a second look. Wonder why you guys are getting pulled over and not me?

Old 07-29-2010, 12:46 AM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Other Sheep
I've ridden with loud pipes (Samson fish tails, cobra, V&H Longshots, D&D Fats, HD Duals with the baffles out) for the past fifteen years in San Diego County to Oregon, AZ and NV. Around LEOs and HP and have hardly gotten a second look. Wonder why you guys are getting pulled over and not me?
I have been riding here in So Cal for the last 32 years loud pipes and all and have never had anything but some thumbs up from cops. I did get a ticket back in 1988 for doing a wheelie on a dual purpose bike. But that was an exception.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Bart van der Meulen
Road Master
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Jekyll and Hydes electric adjustable exhausts cost around 1600 $ here in Europe and the BAVO dB killer can be mounted into the straight slip on's end will cost appr. 450$ But than you can adjust the sound manually in two minutes. I engineered and manufactured a prototype of the BAVO adjustable dB killers for 3" and 2.5". The 3" will be on the (internet) market in September next. They allow you to choose three steps, step nr 1 'touring' just like the standard silent pipes, step nr2 silent when constant rpm but roaring when accelerating and step nr3 just open pipes as you had before installing the BAVO dB killers.
Watch the messages in September about availability. Pic is hereby

Attached Thumbnails Got a loud pipes ticket today on the way to work-bavo-db-killer-3-inch.jpg  
Old 07-29-2010, 12:57 AM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Were his ears certified to do decibel reading or did he have a hand held device to record levels of sound? I'm thinking you could fight that one.

Is a non DOT helmet a fix it or equipment violation, or a actual infraction?

Old 07-29-2010, 01:08 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm running Python 3s on my FXSTC, but CA legal SE slipons on my Rocker.
Hand writing is on the wall. Only a matter of time before more and more cities start trying to pay their bills on our backs.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:13 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
Why drag up a two year old thread? Is there not a way to close threads after they are deemed dead? I agree we need to keep them around for future reference.
:icon_o mg:

Quick Reply: Got a loud pipes ticket today on the way to work