General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your desire to ride ever decrease?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008 | 02:33 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member

If anything , I want to ride more!

Old 11-07-2008 | 02:34 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by PastorTom
Mama is the same way.. There are times she would rather leave her RoadKing home and jump onna back of My Custom with me..And I don't mind..It's nice ta be able to talk goin down the road..And even if nobody else is Honest here LOL.. Old Man, Nice Custom, Good Lookin lady onna back.. whats not ta Like??

Ya mean other than the talking part?...

I'm glad my wife is hooked on riding her own. Gives us something to talk about after the ride.....

When I/we are riding, I don't want music, CB, GPS or talking. But that's just me.

Old 11-07-2008 | 03:07 PM
weezo
Tourer

I always want to ride, but what bothers me is that sometimes I'll think about taking the bike out for a spin and I'll suddenly get the creeps. Kind of a "sixth sense" feeling that makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Can't explain it, and I've ridden anyway and am still here to talk about it, so ????

Old 11-07-2008 | 04:12 PM
HDRider78154
Tourer

I ride the bike as much as possible and so far I have not gotten tired of it.

Old 11-07-2008 | 07:59 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Mr Zip
the more I ride, the more I want to ride. Its been the only constant in my life thats lasted througout my life.
After 37 + years of doing it , I have to agree completley

Old 11-07-2008 | 08:00 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by semerson
I always want to ride, but what bothers me is that sometimes I'll think about taking the bike out for a spin and I'll suddenly get the creeps. Kind of a "sixth sense" feeling that makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Can't explain it, and I've ridden anyway and am still here to talk about it, so ????
I know that feeling as well , eerie

Old 11-07-2008 | 11:30 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by JBaker421
I'm just no fun at all any more.
Well, at least you ain't ugly.

Old 11-07-2008 | 11:46 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member

Originally Posted by Rhonda
My husband and I have been riding since 2001. We started on his Heritage with me riding on back. We love it and it gives us some of the best times we've had in our 27 years of marriage.

I got my own a while back with a big desire to ride my own and I have done so. However, there are times when I just want to hop on back and ride with him instead of riding my own. Then there's times I have a big desire to just ride my own and it gives me the greatest sense of individuality.

I don't know why I go from feeling one way, to feeling another. I always want to ride....just not always my own.

I must be wishy washy.

Do you always want to ride?
Only until the outdoor temp drops below 20-deg Fahrenheit, there's snow in the street, the rain is heavy, the bike is broke, or I'm dead......Otherwise I need the therapy!

Old 11-08-2008 | 10:20 AM
Kenny94945
Stellar HDF Member

Well, my desire to ride has decreased (as I aged). I do not wish to wake up at dawn every Sunday so I can drive unpollulated roads. Also, I no longer enjoy riding in the rain. Desire to ride may have decreased but enjoyment, once in the saddle so to say, of riding has not.

Old 11-08-2008 | 10:44 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

Bought my first Harley in 1962,was craving then still am.Have to admit there are times when riding just isnt in the cards.The reason: other things needing to be done,even though the urge to go riding is very strong.

Quick Reply: Does your desire to ride ever decrease?