General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your desire to ride ever decrease?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008 | 07:12 AM
n4toc
Road Captain

Yeah Rhonda, I always want to ride. It never gets old to me. I gave my best friend my 2007 BMW 328i (lease car, turn in this December, she is making payments) when I bought my Harley. The alternator crapped out on my ol' Ford truck about a week ago and I don't care. I have bought groceries more than once on the RK. I got some of the strangest looks as I wheeled out $120.00 - $130.00 in groceries to a motorcycle. LOL. I love it! Rain or shine, hot or cold, I have the gear for all seasons, at least in S.E. Tennessee/N.W. Georgia area.

Old 11-07-2008 | 07:15 AM
Double3
Tourer

When it is raining or real cold out i don't really want to ride.

Old 11-07-2008 | 08:00 AM
bullseye
Road Captain

Rhonda, you sound like my wife. She does the same when it comes to riding on the back or riding her own.
As to my desire to ride I will say that over the years I've let bad weather influence my decision to ride a little more. Heck, back 10 or 15 years ago I'd take off in the rain just to ride around town a while. Now, well I'll ride in the rain, but not just for the fun of it. If I've got somewhere to go and its raining then I won't let that stop my trip. And extreem cold has the same effect. I'll bundle up and ride if I'm going on a trip or something but when its below 40 I might not just take off and cruse around.

Old 11-07-2008 | 08:14 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Rhonda

I don't know why I go from feeling one way, to feeling another. I always want to ride....just not always my own.

I must be wishy washy.

Do you always want to ride?
You shouldn't worry about it. You are a female and it's Genetic, you have no control over it. It's kinda like men having common sense. It's just built into us so we have learned to live with it.
Should I duck now or just take my licks?

Old 11-07-2008 | 08:22 AM
Double3
Tourer

lol I was thinking the same thing.

Glad you said it.

Old 11-07-2008 | 08:46 AM
bearc.paw
Tourer

Always want to Ride, My thing is above 32 and dry I'm riding. Around here its coming to a point where I going to have to garage my bike, but until then I'm riding. Park my Bike, And start with my winter thing playing my guitars. Maybe I'll just get better.......Ride Safe and Often......BearC.Paw......

Old 11-07-2008 | 08:53 AM
krwould
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by IronAss
You shouldn't worry about it. You are a female and it's Genetic, you have no control over it. It's kinda like men having common sense. It's just built into us so we have learned to live with it.
Better duck sucker! Hehe....wow stickin your neck out there today IA!

Old 11-07-2008 | 10:07 AM
M.PRUCINSKY
Elite HDF Member

My desire has not lessened since I was 10 years old and first threw a leg over a motorcycle. its a disease or a mental handicap As long as I can haul my old a$$ out of bed and get in the saddle. Ill be riding

Last edited by M.PRUCINSKY; 11-07-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-07-2008 | 10:33 AM
Rhonda
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by IronAss
haha! No, I won't give ya no licks!! That didn't insult me. I only get insulted here on the political forum.

Old 11-07-2008 | 12:15 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

With 40+ years behind me, and I don't know how many ahead, all I can say is the desire is still there, strong or stronger than ever. Just hate these winters.

Quick Reply: Does your desire to ride ever decrease?