General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride A Bike - This is what you are up against

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 09:51 AM
snakeinthegrass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ride A Bike - This is what you are up against

Read this article this morning. People like this are everywhere on the roads.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20...0300299/0/NEWS

Last edited by snakeinthegrass; 11-04-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:00 AM
karz10
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I usually paste the whole article into a thread, to make sure people can read it later, some of these articles don't stay around long, plus saves the click, unless someone wants to verify what you posted, or search related stories, jmho...

Here is what was on the page when I clicked:

Woman Sought in Motorcyclist's Death Arrested
By KENNETH DEAN
Staff Writer

The woman police were seeking in connection with the death of a 20-year-old Whitehouse man is behind bars thanks to a Crimestoppers tip.

Tyler Police Department Public Information Officer Don Martin said Tyler police along with East Texas Fugitive Task Force members located Angela K. Daniels in an abandoned house on Texas Highway 155 South, earlier this morning.

Police had been looking for the woman following an accident Saturday which resulted in the death of Thomas O’Leary who reports indicate was hit on his motorcycle.

“Investigators determined that the driver of a 1992, black Chevy SUV ran a red light as she traveled southbound on Loop 323, entering the intersection of Old Henderson Highway,” he said.

Martin said the driver was identified as Daniels, 38, of Tyler and added Daniels struck a 2004, Buell motorcycle, driven O’Leary, who was traveling eastbound on Old Henderson Highway on a green light.

Both drivers were taken to local hospitals for injuries sustained in the accident.
O’Leary died of his injuries Sunday afternoon and police obtained an arrest warrant for Daniels charging her with intoxication manslaughter.

After receiving the tip from an anonymous caller, police moved into position and Daniels was taken into custody around 9 a.m.

Daniels remains jailed in the Smith County Jail on a $250,000 bond.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:06 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

At least they jailed her, lets see what happens.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:08 AM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 17,586 Likes on 5,093 Posts

Part 2

Woman Had Suspended License, Drugs in System
By KENNETH DEAN
Staff Writer

The woman arrested for the death of a 20-year-old Whitehouse man was driving with a revoked license and had alcohol, methadone and amphetamines in her system, according to the arrest affidavit.

Gregg Roberts, Tyler Police detective, stated in the arrest affidavit that Angela K. Daniels, 38, Tyler, was driving illegally when she was involved in a collision with Thomas O’Leary last month.

Earlier reports indicated Daniels was driving a 1992, black Chevy SUV which ran a red light as she traveled southbound on Loop 323, entering the intersection of Old Henderson Highway.

Daniels struck a 2004, Buell Motorcycle, driven by O’Leary, who was traveling east bound on Old Henderson Highway on a green light, reports show.

Both drivers were taken to local hospitals for injuries suffered in the accident.
O’Leary died of the injuries and police obtained a warrant for Daniels for the offense of intoxication manslaughter.

Roberts stated in the affidavit that he confirmed Daniels’ license had been revoked on July 10 due to a medical condition not disclosed.

The affidavit also states that blood was drawn from Daniels and the results indicated the presence of alcohol, methadone and amphetamines in her system.

She was arrested last Thursday after a Crimestoppers tip led Tyler police and members of the East Texas Fugitive Task Force to her location.

Daniels remains jailed in the Smith County Jail on a $250,000 bond.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:13 AM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prayers for the family.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,477 Likes on 4,375 Posts

Originally Posted by tima
Prayers for the family.
+1 for the biker's family and friends.

From the profile of the cager who killed him... she probably has no insurance, or assets or sufficient future income to pay a court judgment for damages to the biker's family.

So sad, on all counts...

Old 11-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

She looks like a crank head.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:50 AM
notfried
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i live right out side of Tyler and there's been at least a dozen killed in the area this year from getting hit by idiots...the worst one was about two weeks ago when a 14 year old made a u-turn in the middle of a two lane highway(315s)and 3 bikes carrying 4 people got hit...the couple on the frontmost bike were killed on impact...about a month ago my kiddos and the wife and i were coming back from a football game in Henderson and saw a guy laying on the road with a bike in the ditch...i run over there to see his 15 year old daughter (w/o a helmet) pinned under the bike...i picked up the bike w/o even thinking and had my wife help her get out from under it...a motorist ran them off the road...right now i am helping another member of this site resurrect a '97 883 that a couple got rearended by a drunk driver on the 4th of July...killed the man and his OL died in a coma...i could go on and on about the drivers that i see every day here...freaking idiots

Old 11-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Too bad stupid ain't painful.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:46 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's gonna be virtually impossible to prove she had any drugs or alcohol in her system at the time of the accident (4 days ago?).

Jus' take her out bike and shoot her....

Quick Reply: Ride A Bike - This is what you are up against