General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most useless, worthless purchase ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 08:46 PM
iann8ik
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love my saddlebag liners - thanks for the tip on worthless lid organizers though. don't bother getting the security system pager - i'm always forgetting to bring it with me. no probs with the digital dipstick - mine has lasted a year and seems accurate.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:14 PM
MackAttack
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I LIKE THE TOURPACK & SADDLE BAG ORGANIZERs.

The tape that comes with them SUCK!!!!!

Go to WalMart in the sewing section and get Velcro. Clean lids with alcohol and apply the two sided Velcro. HOLDS GREAT!!!!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 09:59 PM
justkiding
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not having luck with chrome Kury parts. Another waste of money for cold weather, now i know I'm going to catch heII, is to wear chaps. You look good but your freezing your assets. Nothing better than a nice pair of Olympia riding pants.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I purchased an HD chrome triple tree cover; it covers the junction/manifold of the front brake lines. Wasted $45 for chrome that can't be seen--unless you lie down alongside the front wheel. Fortunately, it's the only mod I've done that I've regretted so I'm batting about 99%.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Trek
Tourer

Handlebar Cup holder. . wind sucks the pop can out of the holder or the pop out of the bottle if the lid is left off

Handlebar thermometer, no more accurate than the one in the dash. . .that is to say, not accurate at all

Windshield bag for the Ultra. Too small to hold anything useful. .

Old 11-04-2008, 11:16 PM
ezryder62881
Tourer

Originally Posted by olbagr
Tour pack lid organizer. It was in there when I bought the bike. Glad I didn't pay for it as an accessory. Seems like a good idea until you actually use it and find out all the crap you put in it hangs down and takes up the same amount of space in the tour pack.
I love my tourpak lid organizer. I keep all kinds of crap in there-- sunglasses, clear glasses, extra bandana and do-rag, hand towels, ibuprofin. All these things would be buried in the bottom of my tourpak constantly in my way. Now I never have to look for them.
I wiil say I had a HELL of a time getting it to stay in. The double sided tape is a joke. I even went and got the industrial double tape and it still came loose. Finally drilled holes in it and used my luggage rack mount screws and fender washers to mount it, now it works great!

Old 11-05-2008, 12:38 AM
Bad Pig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

assless chaps and fingerless gloves!
seriously, this thread needs to be a sticky!....one of the better and money saving threads yet.
I'll say one of my big mistakes that ended in a purchase was knocking out the "tabs" in the stock mufflers.....sounded like crap!! didn't have the money to buy a set of true duals (what i wanted to do) so i had to buy another set of factory take-offs on ebay to replace the fubar muffs. Oh yeah...cheap bike covers! not worth trying to save a couple bucks here either.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:36 AM
AustinRider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by timbakersr
These where all funny and informative so I wont waist my money on any of them. For me it was the chrome cup that almost everyone has. The problem is if you have a 08 and newer with the bigger tank the darn thing rubs when you are turning sharp at slow speeds. or when you turn the handle bars all the way to park in the garage.It has scratched my gas filler cap terribly. So I took it off and would like to sell it. Any buyers??? Just make sure you don't have a 08-09.
+1 on the cup holder...

Does everybody have one of these? I thought I was the only dumba$$ to blow $40 on one!

Old 11-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Snuffy1
Cruiser

I'm A dumba$$ too. I bought the $40 cup holder.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:47 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MackAttack
I LIKE THE TOURPACK & SADDLE BAG ORGANIZERs.

The tape that comes with them SUCK!!!!!

Go to WalMart in the sewing section and get Velcro. Clean lids with alcohol and apply the two sided Velcro. HOLDS GREAT!!!!!!

+1
I keep my flat tire stuff in the saddle bag organizer, easy to get to and doesn't take up any space.

Fairing oil temperature gauge, I did buy it but after reading reviews it is sitting on the self. After a year I know I don't need it now.

Quick Reply: Most useless, worthless purchase ?