General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scammer on Craigslist

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 09:39 AM
Treek
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scammer on Craigslist

Hey everyone,

So I look on Craigslist everyday, just to see what is out there. I ran across this deal for a sweet Deuce for $5000. I knew it was more than likely a scam, but I email the guy because he said he was in the same suburb that I was. I was just curious.

I got this email from him...
(a little background info... I am an Investigator with the US Coast Guard. I think he was trying to get a little personal with his made up job title of a "Special Investigator with the US Air Force)

From: michael12ae333@gmail.com [mailto:michael12ae333@gmail.com]
Subject: re: 002 Harley-Davidson Softail Deuce 16,946 miles - $5000

Hello ,

I am now located in North Dakota, starting this week.
I'm in the Grand Forks Air Force Base, my job being in Air Force Office of Special Investigations, Det 320.
The nature of the job requires me to travel all over US facilities for different investigations.

The bike is like new with clear title, fully working,in perfect running condition, low mileage,with no hidden damages or accidents as it has always been garage kept.
You will receive the bike with all the necessary papers ..The asking price for my bike is $5.000

This is a large purchase and I would like to use a third party for this transaction as I want a smooth and safe transaction .We will use eBay Motors Protection as third party.
All your payments will be to eBay and please note that eBay will hold your money until you will confirm that you received the bike

If you agree with these terms, please send me your full name and shipping address so I can register the transaction with eBay ASAP.

...waiting for your fast answer,

Best wishes from,

Lieutenant Colonel Michael Adams
Air Force Office of Special Investigations, Det 320
Grand Forks Air Force Base, North Dakota

Flood his email for all I care...

Old 10-31-2008, 09:47 AM
Beattle55
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gee that's exactly the same wording I got as a reply about a Fat Boy which was advertised on Craig's list from a guy who said he was posted to the UK for the time being.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:49 AM
Treek
Cruiser

I think everyone should send him an email saying that you are interested in the real sweet Deuce that he has available.
Chit... while ur at it, tell him ur from Grand Forks too. I bet he is no longer there either ;-)

Old 10-31-2008, 10:59 AM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Buy a bike without actually seeing it in person? I don't think so!

Old 10-31-2008, 11:05 AM
WireDawg
Road Master

AFOSI investigators DON'T ADVERTISE their occupations........THIS IS A SCAM !!!!

Old 10-31-2008, 11:07 AM
Slaps
Road Master

I'd think it was a scam but the AF does use fancier terms. I had to talk to a special investigator during tech. school because some one was making phony ID's and they thought I was in on it. But the title could be off but I remember it sounding like that. But they were for that base only and I doubt they would have people who traveled all over. So far that point on it sounds 100% like a scam. In Fact it sounds (besides the new fancy title) exactly like a scam I red about on her a few weeks back.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:25 AM
electricEagle
Advanced

a scammer on the internet.....come on are you guys sure I mean I thought everything on the internet was truthful......I mean this stuff is filtered right?....

Old 10-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Slaps
Road Master

Originally Posted by electricEagle
a scammer on the internet.....come on are you guys sure I mean I thought everything on the internet was truthful......I mean this stuff is filtered right?....
I red it on the internet it must be true.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:50 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member

Youre too late... I already sent my payment in cash to the guy at his base address.... Suckers, should have been quicker than i!!! Muuhhaaaaa

Old 10-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

At that price I'll take two!!!

Quick Reply: Scammer on Craigslist