General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dangerously worn out rear tire

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 08:01 AM
grape ape
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Demkay
Well, you got some nerve lady. There this kid is, letting you stay in his house, he even allows you to park your bike in his garage and you think you can tell him what to do. Pttffff.

Heck, I bet he even cooks you your dinner.

{ } <- Insert emotion of your choice.
Emoticon of choice -

Yeah and he does my laundry too. I don't have time for all that domestic chit. I want to ride!

Old 11-03-2008, 08:24 AM
grape ape
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK all you tire slashers, it's done -- the new tire is on the bike. Hubby helped him get the job done on Saturday. The stepson didn't even have the tire yet, he had to run out and pick it up, and then the actual change out took awhile, what with having to stop for beer breaks every 5 minutes and all, so I gave up waiting and went riding with some friends. Just couldn't spend that beautiful day hanging out in the garage. At least it's done. He took off on it immediately after it was done with his girlfriend on the back, her without a jacket, but they didn't return until well after dark. The poor girl was frozen when they got back. Kucklehead.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by grape ape
Well, I don’t want to leave you all hanging. Got home last night and the bike still had the old tire on it! HOWEVER, he had taken his rear muffler off and the bike jack was sitting out. So there was an attempt to make some progress, but apparently the jack was not working properly. Good grief. Part of the problem is that he’s trying to get this done as cheaply as possible. To me it’s just not worth saving a few bucks, but obviously he doesn’t agree. I pitched a fit to his father and told him to give his kid a hand in getting this done because this has gone on way too long. Yes, I played the “guilt” card and asked him how he would feel if something were to happen because dad’s being a hard ***, saying that his son should be grown up enough to handle this by himself. That may be true, but in this situation, I think it’s secondary. So he made him promise not to ride it anymore until after the tire is replaced, which they’re planning on doing together on Saturday. In fact, he left the rear muffler off, so he can’t just hop on it and go. After all the responses yesterday, I was determined to put a nail in it if the tire was still on, but I wimped out on that. The thought occurred to me that my bike is living in the same garage as his and I don’t want to invite any retaliation. Since I’m not his “real” mother, he doesn’t take kindly to me getting in his business, which is why I kind of had to do everything through his dad. So thanks everyone. You all got me to light a fire under hubby that needed lighting!
Diane, you are NOT as "look as dumb as I am".
GREAT point, he's NOT your son. NOW, go kick DAD'S azz, tell him he is "OUT OF LUCK" for the next 6 mths if that kid's tire is still on the scoot come daybreak. It's called, 'leverage',
2 step daughters here, and they drive like maniacs. BUT they belong to Momma, and I steer clear of their issues, period. Been there, done that, and they resent it, BIG TIME.

My 23 yr old, needed a new tire on his scoot. He found a good tire, for a good price. Brought it home and wanted to save a few $$, so I 'coached' him on changing a tire. We had a great time, and he learned, wrenching isn't always as E-Z as the Ol' Geezr makes it look sometimes. But he saved, he learned, and he SUCCEEDED. My guess is, next time, it will either be "Dad" or an "indy" doing it, tho.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:00 AM
IlDuce
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

atleast it is done..

and gump, thats a mighty fine bike you got