General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling a dyna, is anybody buying new?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 09:02 PM
TheGuyWhoPosted
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling a dyna, is anybody buying new?

I've been checking the prices that Harleys are listed for and selling for lately and it seems like you can't give away a lightly used Harley. A nice super low mileage one on ebay couldn't even get a NO RESERVE bid, not 1, and the minimum bid start amount was only $5,000, WTF.

I heard my nearest dealer was marking them down last week. I haven't posted much here lately but what are people paying for new now? used?

Did they make too many street bobs and flood the market with the damn things?

Old 10-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most folks don't buy Harleys on eBay. It is against our grain. We need it "in person" to become emotionally involved. Besides, most of us know what we are doing mechanically and don't trust how some jagazz took care of his bike in the picture 1000 miles away. Locally here in FL, used bike prices are way up... especially lately.

Just my $.02

Old 10-29-2008, 09:24 PM
markrumsfield
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to tell ya man but no one is buying anything right now. Cars, bikes, houses any big ticket items arent selling and the used market for HD was probably soft already before the Economy collapsed. Really really bad time to sell anything right now.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:44 PM
TheGuyWhoPosted
Tourer

Yeah, that's for sure. I've been in real estate services for 6 years now and my employer just kicked me to the curb last month. I wasn't thinking about selling until next spring but its rough out there I tell ya, rough! Maybe I should keep her, after all she's lasted longer than my last job.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:57 PM
markrumsfield
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheGuyWhoPosted
Yeah, that's for sure. I've been in real estate services for 6 years now and my employer just kicked me to the curb last month. I wasn't thinking about selling until next spring but its rough out there I tell ya, rough! Maybe I should keep her, after all she's lasted longer than my last job.

That sucks bout the job, Realestate is a really tuff place to be right now. Hang on to the Dyna if you can, Dynas are keepers...

Old 10-29-2008, 10:05 PM
WDR
Cruiser

I see plenty of bikes sell on Ebay, for what they are worth. I know it sucks for the sellers, but people aren't going to pay an inflated price because someone is upside down on their scoot.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:39 PM
fatboy72
Banned

Bought mine on ebay, several miles away and couldnt be happier.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:33 AM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by markrumsfield
Sorry to tell ya man but no one is buying anything right now. Cars, bikes, houses any big ticket items arent selling and the used market for HD was probably soft already before the Economy collapsed. Really really bad time to sell anything right now.
+2 It sux!!!!

Old 10-30-2008, 02:59 AM
Juno
Banned

Originally Posted by TheGuyWhoPosted
what are people paying for new now? used?
They are paying a new price for a new bike and a higher than new price for a used bike to the ignorant.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:14 AM
HGM
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I believe part of the issue is that the market is flooded with 1-5yr old bikes that people couldnt afford to buy, they now have "buyers remorse". They realized this when their house, that they couldnt afford either, entered forecloseure.. Harley has always been a status symbol for some. Now that there are so many newer ones on the market and limited financing available, its gonna be tough to sell your bike.. Personally, I'd probably take on a couple of little jobs to keep the money flowing untill I found something better. Things are going to be tough for a while, for anyone living on credit, but I believe things will get better over the next fer years.. I also believe that we'll see some correction after the election, or certainly when the new Prez takes office. Not that either one is worth a ****, but because the market always reacts in rediculous ways to a "new" president, with people expecting the new puppet to save the world..... If you can, hold onto it untill the spring. Good luck..

Quick Reply: Selling a dyna, is anybody buying new?