General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling a dyna, is anybody buying new?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 06:17 AM
Goddahavit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not sure if this is the kind of info your after, but I just picked up a 2007 street bob, 400 miles, for 10,500.
Thats cheaper than I see evo's and almost any other bikes go for.

I didnt even dicker with the guy, thats what he asked for and it seemed ok to me.
It it bone stock though, i have seen some 2007's with goodies(pipes, ac, higher bars/cables) go for 12500-14,000.

I know he took like a 5k loss in 2 years, but thats the market here right now. I think he could have gotten more, but he seemed to be in a rush to sell.

I do have to say, its a buyers market, but it seems to me used are selling faster than new here, but at reduced prices.

I have been at 3 dealers in the last few weeks, and all of them had loads of 2009 bikes on the floor.

Sucks if your selling....

just my .02..

Old 10-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Streets of Fire
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Topspin
Most folks don't buy Harleys on eBay. It is against our grain. We need it "in person" to become emotionally involved.
I found mine on eBay... but bought in person. I was lucky enough that it was only 15 miles away so I was able to see it in person as well as take my time and think about it.

I've also purchased 80% of my mods on eBay... Rinehart slipons for $200.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:58 AM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 518 Likes on 361 Posts

Cable network FX bought all the Dyna's for background for Sons of Anarchy.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:07 AM
TheGuyWhoPosted
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Streets of Fire
I found mine on eBay... but bought in person. I was lucky enough that it was only 15 miles away so I was able to see it in person as well as take my time and think about it.

I've also purchased 80% of my mods on eBay... Rinehart slipons for $200.
Tell me about it, ebay is the shyt if you can find items within a reasonable distance to where you live. Craigslist, too. I was going to respond to that post before but figured it wasn't worth it.

I paid cash for my bike back in April 2006 and have since put thousands in parts/mods/various B.S. since then. I don't believe in financing luxury items, except for my 100' yacht, I put that on my Discover card.

I was looking for some concrete price info as I don't ride the Street Bob much anymore but don't really want or need to sell it. Although I'm jobless I live on the cheap side and they did give me 6 months severance.

I figure my riding habits might one day go back to classic crusing from the CBR I ride more now. Maybe the Harley will make some ***** undies damp that doesn't like Hondas.

I was thinking if I could get at least $11,500 for my 06 Bob with 4,000 miles, Big Radius, PCIII, and a few other custom mods I'd let it go.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Monochrome
Road Captain

I would put it up in the local press if you want to sell at the price you want to sell it at, some people will still have money. I guess it depends how nice a bike it is, if it is then it will negate the fact its a buyer's market. Good luck if you go for it.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Skidrow
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I totally understand. My car has been sitting on a consignment lot for four months. I've reduced the price to BELOW wholesale a month ago and still no hits. I think we're both the victim of bad timing with the economy.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:19 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

I bought my 2005 Super Glide Custom, 5500 miles, one owner, with some extras last month for $9000 and I feel that I got a great deal. However, I bought it before selling my Yamaha FZ1, and I've had zero luck selling it. It's on Craigslist, Ebay, Cycle Trader and several motorcycle forums. Nada. I would just keep it, but I just rode the two back to back, and I know that now that I've got the Dyna, I won't be riding the FZ1 anymore.