General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billy Lane's DUI?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 08:53 AM
02 Wydglyd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seen him a month ago in Fayetteville at Blues, Bikes, and BBQ. He had some of his bikes on display there.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:15 AM
loudguy_w_louderpipe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they should ask Billy:
How would your family feel if it was you on the scoot that got creamed?

The unfortunate truth is - Billy has the money to fight this for a long time. If the defense can introduce "doubt" in the handling of the samples and/or the police investigation then that only increases the chance of a "plea bargain".

My guess he will spend a couple days in jail (if you want to call it jail" & then will walk.
Hopefully the family gets a huge Ron Goldman-esque wrongful death judgement againts him & Bill will think Ramen noodles are a delicasy.

Also, the family better get their $$ from Chrysler quick before they go belly up.
There may not be a Chrylser to sue if this drags out much further than 2009.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:16 AM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not be surprised to see this swept under a rug somewhere this isn't his first DUI, you guys gotta know he is special.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:45 AM
smudge
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Until they put some real teeth in the laws this crap will just go on and on. There was one guy that kept getting DUI, lose his license, kept driving drunk anyway. They threw him in jail and on day one he got out and went drink driving again! Each time he got a little more time but never did stop doing it. If he was not locked up, he drove drunk. How do deal with that? Chop off his hands? I have no sympathy for any drunk driver but "money walks", Billy will get away with it. If nobody bought his stuff, maybe that would hurt a bit.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:49 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default +1

Originally Posted by kickstart pan
It's a good thing we have a judicial system that hears ALL the fact before rendering a decision.
I hope no one ever has to face similar circumstances
If anyone wishes to forgo our legal system that I personally fought for please quietly exit our country. The right to a fair trial, all facts to be heard by a jury of our pears. In case you citizens of the US of A have forgot these basic rights afforded to all who come before our legal system:

Jurors are to decide the facts. But in determining what actually happened in this case -- that is, in reaching your decision as to the facts -- it is a sworn duty to follow the law that will be defining to a juror by a Judge. So if the jury, after careful and impartial consideration of all the evidence in the case, has a reasonable doubt that the Defendant is guilty of the charge, it must acquit. If the jury views the evidence in the case as reasonably permitting either of two conclusions - one of innocence, the other of guilt.

Maybe those who never have served our country forget but those who do or have done, will never forget. Remember that when posting!

Last edited by FastHarley; 10-31-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:53 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default After the verdict

A life was lost and those who are trained to administer the law will do so at that time. I am of the opinion of personal accountability if that matters.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:58 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not trying to excuse Lane by any means but wasn't both drivers guilty of DUI? I read the wiki but it didn't mention this and my memory isn't what it never was....

Old 10-31-2008, 10:00 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by shadowrunner
I feel sorry for family, crossing double yellow lines to pass while drunk tells me no respect
for others to, but I can't stand seeing ppl sueing everybody and there dog for anything
they can get, explain to me why DaimlerChrsler should sued??? Another example of to
many lawyers looking for work.
Chrysler was sued because they were the owner of the vehicle Lane was driving. At least in Conn, if you or I let someone drive our vehicle and an accident occurs, our insurance is the first to respond (and therefore we're the first to be sued). Chrysler's liability exposure was made worse because of Lane's pevious DUI arrests.

They must have ben worried because even with a huge in-house legal staff they settled quickly.

Not saying it's right or wrong - just the way it is.

Sammi

Old 10-31-2008, 10:05 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Wish I had never done something stupid,so I could judge him,but I have done worse just never had that out come.Sorry for all partys involved,Billy seemed like a real kind of person when I talked to him,I'm sure he will take his medicine when the time comes.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:24 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Here's what Billy Lane was doing in Myrtle this fall...

Attached Thumbnails Billy Lane's DUI?-myrtle-beach-fall-2008-016.jpg  

Quick Reply: Billy Lane's DUI?