General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another death...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 09:09 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Angry Another death...

I barely knew this man - just to say hello. Happened about 15 miles from my house.

As you can see he was on a perfectly straight road (Tresham Lane) but crashed at the intersection. Locals say he went clear across Hwy 234 into the far ditch, causing some to think he didn't slow down for the stop sign at 234 - pure speculation. The paper said he was going E. but locals say he was going West.

Hwy 234 is one of our favorite rides. It follows the Rogue River for a ways and then gives us access to the mountain roads and towns.

Motorcyclist who wrecked, died was from Gold Hill

A Gold Hill man who died when he drove his motorcycle off Tresham Lane and into a ditch near Highway 234 Saturday evening has been identified.

Troy M. Jackson, 65, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident between Gold Hill and Eagle Point, said Sgt. Mark Byrd of the Oregon State Police in a news release.

Police say they are looking for another motorcyclist who witnesses saw near the accident. That person drove off before police were able to talk to him or her.

An investigation is continuing into the cause of the accident. Jackson, who was wearing a helmet, was driving his 1996 Harley Davidson motorcycle east on Tresham when his motorcycle left that road, traveled through a ditch, crossed onto Highway 234 near milepost 9 and came to a rest in another ditch. He was thrown from the bike.

Police ask the second motorcyclist to call them at the Oregon State Police Southern Oregon Regional Dispatch Center at 541-776-6111.

— Staff reports

Last edited by JBaker421; 10-28-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:17 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

RIP Troy.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:51 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by petemac
RIP Troy.
+1....there are many reasons that someone would leave the scene of an accident.. hope they call in!

Old 10-29-2008, 05:35 AM
nolafishr
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about the Accident, Sounds like a freak Accident, RIP Troy!

Old 10-29-2008, 06:14 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why the hell would ANYONE leave the scene, if you were a biker. Pure chicken sh*t. What the, no why the hell can you justify leaving the scene when you know he was hurt. What is wrong with this younger generation. An the brotherhood of bikers, that means nothing anymore.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:33 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not done, this is really *****ng me off. You could have held his hand or you could have reasured him things will be alright. Just to be there, even if he was already dead. Not to leave him there, like a piece of meat.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:09 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ole Coyote
I'm not done, this is really *****ng me off. You could have held his hand or you could have reasured him things will be alright. Just to be there, even if he was already dead. Not to leave him there, like a piece of meat.
Dang Coyote, how old are you? The guy was 65. "Younger generation?"

JBaker provided a lot of detail in his post, thanks. I'm guessing here but is it possible there was alcohol involved and the other rider was drunk. That would be the only reason I can think of fro him leaving the scene..

RIP Mr Jackson...

Old 10-29-2008, 08:50 AM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Very sad news. Hopefully, the other person will be found and jailed for leaving the scene. There just isn't any excuse for not staying and trying to render assistance.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:26 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

RIP Mr. Jackson.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:34 AM
d_slat
Road Warrior
Received 637 Likes on 325 Posts

hey, you never know what reasons he had for leaving. Maybe he didn't even leave right away, how do you know? I could see why he maybe woulda stuck around for a little bit and then boogied when the police started showing up

Quick Reply: Another death...