General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comments On Progressive Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 02:29 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by loudguy_w_louderpipe
Rate sounds good but check your coverage.
Rate doesn't mean a thing if medical won't be covered if you dump it on the road.
Without the deductible & coverage amount can't tell if you are getting a good deal or not.
Man do I agree with the above big time. I see the above problem a lot in my line of business. You can be with the BEST company this world has to offer BUT if you dont buy enough coverage, proper deductible for you, and the right kinds of coverage you are screwed either way.

Some states dont require uninsured insurance so you HAVE TO ASK FOR IT!!!! Check what the policy gives you and then ask "What else do YOU think I need"? Insurance agents will be glad to up sell you because they make more money that way. A good Agent will up sell only what YOU NEED!!!! I love my agent she is a real peach. The only complaint I have which most of you most likely never heard of and the first problem like this I have ever had is ..... She does NOT try to up sell me, I have to pull things I feel like I need out of her, and all she wants to do is save me money. Saving me money is very important to her BUT to me saving me money when a problem comes about is more important to me. Example .... Windshield broke on my car so thats an act of God event because of the cold weather breaking it. I called to make a claim and no coverage for such. Pissed yes I was. She explained if you go 5 years you save money even with replacing the windshield verses paying the extra premium. I told her I was not given the option and I thought I had it. I rather pay now than pay later if it happens. Bad things happen normally when you least expect them. Thats the primary reason insurance is bought!

This is my 2 cents.

Last edited by csbreeze; 09-22-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:51 PM
WolfDog
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea, I got a comment, Old Flo was tossed to the curb back in July.

Been with them for 5 years, Heritage Classic around $185.00 a year, add a Ultra Limited in March and the renewal went to $980.00. I called to ask whats up and they said nothing, Its going to cost you $980.00 a year for coverage, I said Really Ok.

Called my Farmers guy and said hey how about Motorcycle insurance, said sure I can cover you for $420.00 a year. Needless to say Progressive called me several times trying to get me to renew but told them to get lost. Never had a claim, nothing.

My agent told me they got way to aggressive, wrote too many car policys, got hit with many claims and are about to lose their ***, the reason of increased rate I guess.