General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comments On Progressive Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 07:53 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Very happy with Progressive.
Tom

Old 10-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Ceegardave
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My long-time auto carrier is State Farm, but Progressive was much cheaper back in '03 for just minimum bike coverage. Problem was, they kept going up and up each year, even without tickets. On the '08, State Farm's rate was better for higher coverage limits.
When my son was victim of a hit and run on his bike, progressive paid him more than the purchase price and I negotiated a generous check via the uninsured coverage. Progressive was great through the entire process.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Balsam41
1st Gear

Had an accident on sept 26-08 when an armadillo came out in front of me.Progressive paid the claim within a week and have been great. Broke my wrist and had about 3k cosmetic damage to my 97 lowrider.

Watch out for animals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2008, 09:10 AM
d_slat
Road Warrior
Received 637 Likes on 325 Posts

i've had them for prolly 5 years now, no problems, but I never had to file a claim either.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:43 PM
mchildree
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a little run-in with another bike at Thunder Beach a few weeks back (my fault), and Progressive had a mobile claims unit out there within 2 hrs. Myself and the other bike owner had checks in our hands less than 4 hrs after the accident. They went over both bikes with a fine-tooth comb, and found parts that needed replacement that neither of us would have ever noticed. Next day, the other rider found a damaged piece of trim that wasn't visible until he started replacing parts. Called Progressive and they came right out and cut him another check. Among the best service I've had with any company in any business.

No, I haven't seen what my renewal premium will be yet.....

Old 10-28-2008, 10:52 PM
teddyj56
Cruiser

I'm about to check out how good they are... some stupid grad students jumped in front of traffic this morning by my college campus making me lock my front brakes and skid to the curb. Fortunately I'm alright though.

Can't wait till I'm old like you guys and have such awesome premiums. Insurance companies don't seem to like college boys on motorcycles...

Old 10-29-2008, 07:04 AM
soundman
Road Captain

I like Flo in their commercials. She's pretty cute with her tricked out name tag.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:17 AM
gkvette
Cruiser

I really don't know much about Progressive but suspect they should be very good. Last week I got a quote from them and Geico for my newly acquired 2008 1200C. The Geico quote was about $290 and Progressive just over $700 for the same coverage. I have my truck insured with Geico which probably had some influence on their rate. From reading this thread and talking to others, $300 or so is near the norm.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:25 AM
loudguy_w_louderpipe
Cruiser

Rate sounds good but check your coverage.
Rate doesn't mean a thing if medical won't be covered if you dump it on the road.
Without the deductible & coverage amount can't tell if you are getting a good deal or not.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:53 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

I've had progressive for 6 years. Two years ago I added a third bike to the policy (a Buell Blast). Premium only went up about $50 a year due to multiple bike discount. Last week, I called to cancell insurance on the Buell because I sold it. Primium went UP $60.00. It costs $60 more for two bikes than it would for three. I questioned the dude and he said that it went up because I only have 2 bikes insured now vs 3. WTF - How can it cost less total premium for three bikes than for 2? And why did the primium go up when I added the third bike a couple years ago. Time to shop around I think!

Quick Reply: Comments On Progressive Insurance