General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I cheated on my Low Rider today....

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008 | 08:53 PM
JakeInMa
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default I cheated on my Low Rider today....

I've been drawn to the Street Glides for as long as I've owned my LR, and every time I go into a Harley shop I'm drawn to them. Well, today, the Mrs. and I were in Monadnock HD in N.H. and they happened to have a Street Glide available for a demo ride.

I couldn't help myself and had to do it. I've had this itch that needed scratching. I've been anti-touring bike for as long as I can recall, but I have to admit it, I absolutely loved the ride of the Street Glide.

I'm in trouble now. I have to decide whether to keep the LR or to try to sell it buy the Glide. I know I'll never get what I have into her, but I refuse to put up any extra money on a new bike either. I also refuse to take out a loan and if I do make the move it'll have to be a cash deal.

Decisions, decisions....

(don't tell my LR I cheated on her)

Old 10-24-2008 | 09:04 PM
Streets of Fire
Road Captain

Your lowrider looks to good to go to a bagger... But I agree those Street Glides are badass... Have fun with your decision...

Old 10-24-2008 | 09:44 PM
FLoTR
Road Master
Cool 09FLoaTeR

jakeiniraq, traded my LR sept. 30th for 09 FLoaTeR. Got 1 in. lowering kit and badlander seat. Rides kinda like the LR, but Handles WAAAAAY better. U know how the LR's wobble in a hard curve and seem like you gotta convience it that you're going right or left? Not the RG. It's cuts da twisty's kinda like my wife's piglet. rode a EG classic, street glide, sportster, lowrider, fatboy, and heritage. da heritage was the smoothest ride by far, but overall,,, winner is da FLTR. Best HD I've ever rode IMO

Last edited by FLoTR; 10-24-2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: oops
Old 10-24-2008 | 10:07 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by jakeiniraq
I've been drawn to the Street Glides for as long as I've owned my LR, and every time I go into a Harley shop I'm drawn to them. Well, today, the Mrs. and I were in Monadnock HD in N.H. and they happened to have a Street Glide available for a demo ride.

I couldn't help myself and had to do it. I've had this itch that needed scratching. I've been anti-touring bike for as long as I can recall, but I have to admit it, I absolutely loved the ride of the Street Glide.

I'm in trouble now. I have to decide whether to keep the LR or to try to sell it buy the Glide. I know I'll never get what I have into her, but I refuse to put up any extra money on a new bike either. I also refuse to take out a loan and if I do make the move it'll have to be a cash deal.

Decisions, decisions....

(don't tell my LR I cheated on her)
It doesn't look like you have any decisions to make - "I refuse to put up any extra money on a new bike either. I also refuse to take out a loan". That sounds pretty limiting to me, unless you have a really valuable Low Rider.

Old 10-24-2008 | 10:14 PM
badinfluence63
Banned

The heart wants what the heart wants. What bike suits you present riding needs best? And coming from a multi bike owner....don't own more then one if you don't have to. Its alot to keep up with(insurance/maintenance etc). I have 3. One where I live. One where I vacation 5 weeks a year (so I don't have to trailer it there in the winter months) and one(1983FL) is paid for and for sentimental reasons I will not sell it. And I do it all on minimum wages.

The street glide is a sweet machine. I don't think you'd regret the change personally.

Last edited by badinfluence63; 10-24-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2008 | 10:51 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member

Dude, you're going to Hell for cheating on your bike. It'll never run the same, break down in a rain storm, and leave you stranded on a dark country road. You'd better make the move before holy crap hits. Damn, am I glad I'm not you.

Old 10-24-2008 | 11:04 PM
TexasSG
Road Captain

I think you've already crossed the line, it's too late

Old 10-24-2008 | 11:08 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member

Jake, I know what you mean. When my motor was being done I had a 09 street glide for 3 days. Basically I use my dyna as a solo rider but when I had the street glide we both couldn't get enough. She liked the ride a lot better and I liked having a radio. Was suprised how it handled for such a heavy bike and it rode like it was on air. Mine will be paid off in about 8 months and will keep it as a solo but I think I might have to make room next summer for a street glide.

Old 10-24-2008 | 11:47 PM
freekdawg1200
Road Warrior

Good luck,Jake!You DO have a killer LR there.That is one nice bike! I know what you mean by not getting back anything near what you put into it.I put a lot of money into my Sporty and could never get anything close to what I would ask for it.I think it'll be around for awhile! I almost bought a new Fat Boy this Spring with a few grand down.I'm glad I didn't.I got to ride a friends RK a few weeks ago.That was a real treat!Now I got a bagger on my mind also.I can see me keeping the Sporty and going right to a touring bike before too long.

Old 10-25-2008 | 12:25 AM
yso191
Club Member

Go for both!

Last edited by yso191; 10-25-2008 at 02:27 PM. Reason: stupid

Quick Reply: I cheated on my Low Rider today....