General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride True

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008 | 04:11 PM
Big Sled
|
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Default Ride True

The marketing wonks at the MoCo have been at it again. The new theme now showing up in pop-ups and elsewhere is "Ride True".

With by-lines like "These Truths Are Self-evident". And a click-on that says, "Find Truth Here".

It kinda works, I think. Wish I was a marketing wonk... guess you have to go to M W School for that.

Old 10-24-2008 | 04:23 PM
jbnl163
Outstanding HDF Member

I hear ya. Where'd you get that kickstand? I love it!!

Old 10-24-2008 | 11:27 PM
Big Sled
|
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by jbnl163
I hear ya. Where'd you get that kickstand? I love it!!
The kickstand, and other really cool & high quality chromies come from Image Motorcycle Products. Search engines will find them. Wifey got that stand for me for Christmas a couple years ago. Pretty pricey but the metallurgy has to be bombproof and machining perfect for a jiffy stand. Look at their eagle claw jiffy for a great one!

Wifey just keeps buyin me this stuff!

Old 10-25-2008 | 05:27 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Big Sled
The marketing wonks at the MoCo have been at it again. The new theme now showing up in pop-ups and elsewhere is "Ride True".

With by-lines like "These Truths Are Self-evident". And a click-on that says, "Find Truth Here".

It kinda works, I think. Wish I was a marketing wonk... guess you have to go to M W School for that.

My wife has been to marketing wonk school. She doesn't think much of the MoCo's marketing. Neither do I. A little less fake flash and a little more real USA might work better. I think they are trying to kill the brand.

Old 10-25-2008 | 06:06 AM
Iamopie2FLHRC
Advanced

It beats Army Strong...There is marketing wonk, then there's Army Marketing Wonk