General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whoo Hooo, Got 500 miles in this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006 | 12:09 AM
UltraScoot
|
Road Captain
Default Whoo Hooo, Got 500 miles in this weekend

What a great weekend, The Harley weather gods were good to me Got to see the coast and meet up with good peeps; just thought I would share.

Now for the non Harley riders, just what the hell is it with you azz holes that go down the freeway at 85 MPH, cut through the middle of 15 Harley riders on your back wheel. That’s just plain stupid; you idiots could have taken out other brother and sisters with your stupidity, I don’t give a chit about your azz but when it comes to my peeps and others that are out for a good time and you put there life in danger then that’s just frocking wrong. Wake up and grow up....

[IMG]local://upfiles/6995/54DA84BF577E4D5E9C767EB6916F244F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6995/178650638F0E45B9B4921F07376ECB77.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6995/D03A12133080409A8D0F46C2470761E5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-03-2006 | 12:14 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: Whoo Hooo, Got 500 miles in this weekend

Sounds like a great weekend. Glad you got to ride. Don't ya just hate the sport bike riders that pull that kind of crap. I have nothing against the bikes, it's the idiots riding them like that.

Old 04-03-2006 | 12:17 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Sounds like you had a great time, too bad about the other idiots that tested your patience. I guess that there are always some of them riding around just wanting to try and impress somebody with their foolishness.

Old 04-03-2006 | 12:42 AM
UltraScoot
|
Road Captain

it's the idiots riding them like that. I guess that there are always some of them riding around just wanting to try and impress somebody with their foolishness.
I think these guys get what they deserve, when I read about them in the paper (rider goes down, 2 dead), although I feel for the people they leave behind i just dont get it.

There is a place and time for that s--t and it aint on the fricking freeway at 85, these guys road right througe the middle of us. how stupid...

Sorry for the rant, but i,m still pissed off [:@]

Old 04-03-2006 | 01:02 AM
dadofsix
Outstanding HDF Member

Man, am I jealous. I only got about 175 this weekend. Spent most of Sunday afternoon watching ICE AGE 2 with the family. Cute movie but just not the same as riding. On the plus side, anytime I get to spend having fun with the all the boys together is a good time.

Old 04-03-2006 | 09:23 AM
carsoni
Tourer

sportbike riders(some) are the snowboarders of motorcyling

Old 04-04-2006 | 10:59 PM
sultan
Tourer

Sportbike riders like that are the reason I ride a Harley. I was an avid sportbike rider, and loved to ride, but always ended up riding with jerks. Because I ride everyday and lots of miles a cruiser fit me better, but the people I know who have Harleys also influenced my decision alot. They love to ride, love their bikes, and are fun to be around. Many sportbike riders (not all) just like to pose, and show off. I guess I must be getting old (31)[sm=rolleyes.gif] because I like to enjoy the scenery, and the serenity of Vance and Hines exaust whispering sweetly in my ear.[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 04-05-2006 | 12:06 AM
BBDeluxe
Cruiser

I agree with Sultan.
I have owned and ridden a bunch of different sportbikes. I spent most of the time on the track with sportbiking, which is where they belong, in my opinion.

I would occasionally go out for a country ride on mine, pass by some squids and say "oh no, here we go again." They would pull out and insist on zipping by me to show me how great they were. Give me a break!!! Any idiot (including me) can go 130 mph in a straight line. So the squids would do their idiotic stuff, worry me that someone was going to get hurt AND.....take away my rights to ride because they will inflame LEO. Wheelies, stoppies, etc. in traffic, no less.

I finally decided I would never ride my sportbike on the street again and made it track only.

I have NO problem with a skilled rider wicking it up. I know many who like to ride fast but do it sensibly and with courtesy to other riders. But when the heat gets turned up for motorcyclists, it is going to be because of Johnny Sportbike doing idiocy on the streets, not Harley riders.

Here is another thought: one non Harley rider commented on "why do Harley riders dress with all that stuff they wear?" For exactly the same reason all other riders wear the gear that fits with what they are riding! BMW riders wear full two piece textile suits; sportbike riders wear leathers, often with race replica design; you get the idea.

I love all the bikes, but could do without some of the attitudes of each "group" that make it difficult for the rest of us.

Bones