General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF, are you crazy???

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Mad Mike
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05Hog
My wife who is 12 years younger always says I am too strict. I was always told and raised to respect my parents as well as elders. My dad got more mileage out of "The Look" than anything else. We as youngins just didn't even think about talking back or any kind of disrespect. I think the younger generation has spent more time playin video games then outside playing catch or helping wash the bike etc. If they respect you they will listen and hopefully emulate your actions and ideals. Parents think that buying gifts and letting the electronic babysitter (TV) raise the kids is the way to go. Hey, I work two jobs and my wife works one, and there are times it is easier to lets them play video games, but that isn't the deal. Quality time spent does get results, even if it is tough at times.
I don't even want to think of what would have happened if I had answered any adult with anything else than yes sir, no sir or yes ma'm, no ma'm. One of my earliest memories was of my Dad lecturing me on something and ending by asking "do you understand me?" I said 'no' and that was the last time I ever made the mistake of sayin' I didn't understand him - probably about 60 years ago

Old 10-20-2008, 12:55 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never happened to me so I don't know what I would do, most likely just tell him to get the hell off. But knocking him on his *** is not that big a deal to me, might save him an *** beating next time by someone else.
No excuse for jumping on someones bike, the kid was just trying to act cool in front of his friends.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:59 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good for you! should've kicked him in the ***** to reinforce the lesson.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:02 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm too old for too much violence now days, so I would have had to try to use "gentle" words first. Having retired from education, I can tell you first hand that 'Johnny' is rarely at fault. It's the shool's, principal's, teacher's, counselor's, classmate's, and/or custodian's fault. Our worst behaved kids were almost always the ones whose parents had a severe lack of respect for anything. I guess it's the way i was brought up, but if the principal called me, my son was guilty, no questions asked. He's 33 now and the finest man I know. He told me not long ago that one time that I got called in he really was innocent. I replied that it was Ok, as it made up for another time he didn't get caught. He agreed, and we both chuckled. Too many kids aren't taught respect by their parents and schools don't have the time to do it because of NCLB. Some people on here need to leave their white picket fences and experience some of the real world. Just my $.05.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:16 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BobStreetBob
I was sitting in a pizza place the other day. Eating and looking out the window at my bike. About 7 ot 9 immigrants all wearing blue shirts and about 17-20 years old at my guess walked by my bike. I don't know what nationallity they were. Too tall to be Mexicans but obviously here with some kinda program. They walked by my bike. One grabbed the bars and swung his leg over and sat on my bike and started to pose while another got ready to take his picture. Now...everyone in the place was watching and I heard this older black lady say Oh no he dint...and looked at me. I was already halfway to the door and swung it open and yelled HEY. They're eyeballs all got big as hell. He hopped off the bike and they started to walk away. I said C'mere you. And proceeded to yell at him about how he better not ever sit on another persons bike. Ever. Do you UNDERSTAND ME? (and I looked pretty mad at the time)..They apologized with alot of yes sir,sorry sir and I turned to go back and finish my pizza...smiling at the black lady thru the window who was giving me a thumbs up as I walked back in. A couple other people said how they could'nt believe he done that and that I shoulda kilt him. I shrugged and ate my pizza. He got a life lesson that day. If he woulda gave me a hard time about it he woulda been on the ground also. Damn immigrants....
Good thing you knew that his 6 to 8 friends wouldn't help him out. After all, they usually do just stand around and watch their buddy get beaten up.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:28 PM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member

Received 214 Likes on 132 Posts

Kudos to the OP. Personally, I can't say how I would react, but I would feel like doing what he did.

Want to sue me? Fine. Arrest me? Go ahead. Sit on my bike again? I don't think so. Different story if you knew the guy, were at a bike night or something, but what that AH did when he sat on someone's scooter was inexcusable. Plain and simple. It was the right thing to do.

One less AH to worry about, IMO. The hardest part is catching them in the act.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:42 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,254 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Originally Posted by Juno
God I was pi$$ed. I'm still pi$$ed!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you threw him hard enough that he got pi$$ed too. All over himself. LOL!!

Old 10-20-2008, 02:44 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,254 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Originally Posted by swwilson77
or call 911 and file a battery complaint with the local constabulary . . . followed quickly by a call to his attorney to file a civil suit for damages and emotional duress . . .
Ya what he said. What's up SW?? Did ya see the eye on my Scoot?

Old 10-20-2008, 02:48 PM
FolsomPrisonBlues
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Penalty, Juno and others, excessive BS!

Old 10-20-2008, 02:53 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FolsomPrisonBlues

Penalty, Juno and others, excessive BS!
Yeah, I bet they're the type of guys that kill just because someone thought about looking at their bikes (in their dreams, of course).

Quick Reply: WTF, are you crazy???