General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF, are you crazy???

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 07:07 AM
jimdeere
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"What we got here, is, failure to communicate".
I think it's understandable to be upset if you catch someone sitting on your bike. Same as if someone said something ungentlemanly to your wife, etc. If you choose to take it further than an *** chewin', you must be prepared to face the consequences of you actions.
I had an old boss who's favorite saying was "That'll break them from sucking eggs". I've found that to be untrue. Once an egg sucker, always an egg sucker.
By slapping a nere-do-well around for sitting on your bike, you've done noth more than make another biker hater.
I'd like to think I'd have tried to explain to the dipstick why it was un-cool to touch someone elses' property, but in reality, I'd probably just bitch slapped him and left.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Double00Aught
Road Master

I can't believe how fast people want to run to the police and then turn around and sue, amazing.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:08 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Yep, much less likely to resort to violence myself, 45 today and last fight at 40, almost got mugged while in a suit on a business trip, broke hand punching the crap out of the bastard, sunk in on me that we do get fragile as we get older. Cops took 1/2 hpour getting there. Still dont carry a gun, have many but dont feel the need. I probably would have given the kid some $hit but not hit him, unless he mouthed off. JB its people that think the way you do that makes the justice system ineffectual and eventually unjust so people will take the law into their own hands more readily. Just think about it man.
Yeah, I agree with you in some crimes, but over someone sitting on a bike? wtf?

If someone breaks into my house he's dead. If someone assaults me he's toast. Assault my wife and you're dead if I catch you.

Sitting on a bike?

Old 10-20-2008, 07:12 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MTBlood
I can't believe how fast people want to run to the police and then turn around and sue, amazing.
If someone gives you a beating for just sitting on a bike, that's what the laws are for.

We aren't Clint Eastwood and this isn't the land of Josey Wales.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:18 AM
Double00Aught
Road Master

Originally Posted by JBaker421
If someone gives you a beating for just sitting on a bike, that's what the laws are for.

I agree with the last sentence, but I think little things like this can be handled without the police. I wouldn't have shoved the guy either but I'd sure make him understand that one wrong word would change everything.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:18 AM
swordy
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

it may be cheeper, it may be faster, but is 1 ugly mother of a byk, should have told him 2 buy a vrod.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:21 AM
SlimShady
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JBaker421

Laws are all well and good if there's someone around to enforce them, and of course if they actually bother to enforce them.......much easier to just handle the situation yourself. I value my property as much as I do my family so unlike yourself I don't feel the need to differentiate my response to someone screwing with either. As I said, you do and that's your right, but your right to impose your belief on others and then castigate them because they don't agree with you, without expecting a response, just doesn't exist.

An armed society is a polite society, wise man said that once, and he's right. Take that line of reason a bit further and drill it into peoples heads that they will pay a price when they mess with another individuals property and maybe we wouldn't need all these laws and people to enforce them.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Mad Mike
Road Master

Fortunately or unfortunately, I live in a society where we're not allowed to play with guns - hell, I'm not even sure they give the police real bullets. But I'll tell you one fact, most of street crime is being perpetrated by certain minority groups and I'm sure all of them are carrying knives. What the frick you gonna do if you walk out and some punk is straddling your machine with all his buddies standing around laughing? I'll guarantee you you'll get an extra smile cut on your face - best case scenario. At 63 my prayer would be that the little f*kker at least doesn't drop it or scratch it. One thing for sure, the alarm would be makin' one hell of a racket.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:25 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was sitting in a pizza place the other day. Eating and looking out the window at my bike. About 7 ot 9 immigrants all wearing blue shirts and about 17-20 years old at my guess walked by my bike. I don't know what nationallity they were. Too tall to be Mexicans but obviously here with some kinda program. They walked by my bike. One grabbed the bars and swung his leg over and sat on my bike and started to pose while another got ready to take his picture. Now...everyone in the place was watching and I heard this older black lady say Oh no he dint...and looked at me. I was already halfway to the door and swung it open and yelled HEY. They're eyeballs all got big as hell. He hopped off the bike and they started to walk away. I said C'mere you. And proceeded to yell at him about how he better not ever sit on another persons bike. Ever. Do you UNDERSTAND ME? (and I looked pretty mad at the time)..They apologized with alot of yes sir,sorry sir and I turned to go back and finish my pizza...smiling at the black lady thru the window who was giving me a thumbs up as I walked back in. A couple other people said how they could'nt believe he done that and that I shoulda kilt him. I shrugged and ate my pizza. He got a life lesson that day. If he woulda gave me a hard time about it he woulda been on the ground also. Damn immigrants....

Last edited by BobStreetBob; 10-20-2008 at 07:28 AM. Reason: spellin'
Old 10-20-2008, 07:25 AM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Juno
What the F@#% is your Fu@#ing problem? That's what I said before throwin some dumba$$ into a couple of shopping carts today when, GET THIS: I come out of Safeway and there's some dipsh!t sitting sidesaddle on my scooter talking to some other dipsh!t. He gets up off the ground yelling I'm sorry, I'm sorry. God I was pi$$ed. I'm still pi$$ed!!!!!!!!!!
You forgot the part where you rode off with his girlfriend.

Quick Reply: WTF, are you crazy???