General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trading in my sportster

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Double Ds
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ken thompson
Love my Custom. It has Heritage bars. Very comfortable. Check my album for more pics
I will probably be changing my bars also. Love the bike hate the bars. Nice pictures BTW.
Deb D

Old 10-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Double Ds
Tourer

Originally Posted by Harley43147
One one answer. Keep the Sportster and get the RK.....
Wish it was that easy.
Deb D

Old 10-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Double Ds
Tourer

Originally Posted by ohioroadking
I went from a Sportster to a Road King and never looked back! I wouldn't mind having a Sportster again for just around town though.
Just what I wanted to hear. I agree with having the sportster fro around town.
Deb D

Old 10-22-2008, 09:43 AM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Deb:

Most are telling you that the sportster is faster, and is great to throw around town... It's all true. But the reality of the situation is that the RK Custom will give you a more comfortable ride on longer trips and the saddle bags will come in handier than your current ones when going on longer rides. You don't race around, and you are taller so you need that extra room to stretch out as well.

As far as the bars, we'll come up with something that will work for you. We can hold up a pair of 16" apes to see if they are too tall or not and try hem out if you wish. You know I have a set to try. If we need to get you a 14", then we can make that work too.

In summary; is a sporty nice? Sure. Is the RK Custom better? Yes, in my opinion for your style and amount of riding. If you ever crave the need to take out a softy, you know that my hog is always available to you!

Get the touring bike, and don't look back. Your going to love it!!!! Besides, I want to powder something of yours, and the RK would make a great pallet to work with!

Old 10-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Double Ds
Tourer

Originally Posted by cnc wheel guy
deb:

Most are telling you that the sportster is faster, and is great to throw around town... It's all true. But the reality of the situation is that the rk custom will give you a more comfortable ride on longer trips and the saddle bags will come in handier than your current ones when going on longer rides. You don't race around, and you are taller so you need that extra room to stretch out as well.

As far as the bars, we'll come up with something that will work for you. We can hold up a pair of 16" apes to see if they are too tall or not and try hem out if you wish. You know i have a set to try. If we need to get you a 14", then we can make that work too.

In summary; is a sporty nice? Sure. Is the rk custom better? Yes, in my opinion for your style and amount of riding. If you ever crave the need to take out a softy, you know that my hog is always available to you! :d

get the touring bike, and don't look back. Your going to love it!!!! Besides, i want to powder something of yours, and the rk would make a great pallet to work with! :d
thanks so much. You can powder me anywhere!!

Old 10-31-2008, 11:09 AM
Double Ds
Tourer

Just wanted to thank everyone for there advice and comments. I picked up the road king custom last night.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:23 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

pics damnit

Old 10-31-2008, 11:36 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Instead of outgrowing all your bikes, just go straight to the top, Ultra! You'll never need another.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:43 AM
memphis
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck,I love my sportster
If I buy another bike I 'm keeping
My XL

Old 10-31-2008, 12:51 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went from the Sportster to the RK and I added a Heritage. I changed the handlebars and seat on the RK. I like them both very much. You won't be dissapointed.

Quick Reply: Trading in my sportster