General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question About Highway 7 in NW Arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 10:31 AM
bodhijames
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question About Highway 7 in NW Arkansas

Hi ll,

I'm headed down to NW Arkansas for five days of riding and want to take the Scenic 7 route.
7 was closed just south of Pelsor when I was in AR in early September. I understand that they now have one lane open. Can anyone who lives in the area tell me if there are any delays getting through the single lane section?

thanks!
BJ

Old 10-15-2008, 11:04 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't help you there, but be sure to stop at the Cliff House Inn for a great view and some mighty fine grub just south of Jasper. Be sure to ride down to the Buffalo River at Pruitt's landing just on the North side of Jasper. It's a dirt road but very short. Highway 74 out of Jasper to the west is a nice ride too.

The Arkansas House in Jasper looks like a nice B&B and the Ozark Cafe looks like a busy place.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:11 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

The road is just fine ,rode from Harrison to Russelville last weekend no problems very beautiful this time of year weather is great now.Watch out for deer,a rider was struck by a deer and took an atler through the bottom of his jaw,it was about 2:00 pm,I always blow the horn every now and again when riding through these areas.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

We were up in that part of Arkansas last week. We didn't ride all of Scenic 7 between Pelsor and Russellville but we did ride north from Russellville up to where Hwy 164 turns west and I don't remember noticing any significant road construction. Keep in mind, we didn't ride the section immediately south of Pelsor so I don't know about that area but even if there is construction there, just about any of the roads you can find on the map to circumvent that will be just as fun if not more. I've ridden Scenic 7 a few times and it's got some wonderful areas but it's also very well known and popular which mean it's likely to have quite a bit more traffic on it regardless of whether or not it's under construction. I like the smaller, less traveled roads that are in and around Scenic 7. I think it would all depend on how much time you've got to kill.

Good luck & Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:01 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Anyone know if the trees are changing colors there yet?

Old 10-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

We rode up from Texarkana through Mena, meandered around the northwestern quarter of the state and wound up in Bull Shoals state park and then headed south to El Dorado and there weren't any significant color changes. You might find an individual tree that's just starting to turn but for the most part, everything's still green as of last week (October 4th through 10th).

Old 10-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Puggy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We're heading up there next Wed morning to Eureka Springs, then down 7 to Hot Springs, back to Dallas on Sunday.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:18 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Big BBQ cookout at Pigtrail Hd this weekend if anyone is in the area,it's always free and fun.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:10 PM
DB10881
Cruiser

rode 7 two weeks ago and it was open...dined at the Cliff House on the way back, good people and grub.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:38 PM
bodhijames
Advanced

Thanks for the replies everyone...

BadBobOk
I keep forgetting about the Cliff House Inn. Good call!

FastHoss
Unfortunately I hear you on the deer issue. I live in Central Iowa, and like
most places in the Midwest, the deer over population is out of control. I use the horn quite
a bit when deer might be out and about. Now that rut is close, it's only going to get worse.

A stop into Pig Trail Harley is on the list so I'll check out their website for the particulars
on the bbq.

Looks like a chilly start tomorrow, but it will be nice and sunny and I'll be riding!

ride safe,
BJ

Quick Reply: Question About Highway 7 in NW Arkansas