General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Listen to this

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 04:25 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts
Default Listen to this

Some freind's of mine went into SmithBros.Harley Davidson, this is where I bought my bike, anyway's the salesman which so happened to have been mine asked if he could help and the guy said I am looking for a carb Deuce so the Joe(salesman) said why, why do you want a carb when efi is better, after awhile of bickering my freind's dad yell's across the room because that's what we want and were the one paying for it, then Joe reply's I don't understand why anyone want's a carb when it's old tech, then my freind said because they sound like a volkswagon at a idle, Joe procides to pull out several hundred dollars and said I bet you there is some bike's here that sound like a carb so just make it easy on yourself. [:@] man can you believe that hateful SOB, needless to say they fired up some bike's that had 2000 dollars worth of mod's done to the motor's that sounded decent but [sm=WTFsgign.gif], needless to say they did not bet and they didn't buy a bike there and neither will I again, they did buy a smokey gold carb Deuce elsewhere. I guess the customer is not right at SB HD any of the time which cost them two sale's and a return customer.

Old 03-28-2005, 05:15 PM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Listen to this

I'm learning that I love the bike but I'm beginning to hate the corporation.

Old 03-28-2005, 06:39 PM
Fandango6
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I do sales (not bikes ), if the customer wants a carb bike with a pink motor make it happen. Some people just need to listen and shut thier yaps.
Dave

Old 03-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They should stayed in the cough drop business

Old 03-28-2005, 10:38 PM
Lovetoride
Grand HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

How stupid can some people be?

I don't think HD has anything to do with an asshat like this. The sales manager should have fired him on the spot and bought your love... [:@]

Ryan

Old 03-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Grover
Administrator Emeritus

Received 252 Likes on 122 Posts

I hate to be sold anything buy a salesman.

I prefer to research my preferences and then buy from store personell.

I hate working with a comission salesman (high pressure and greed). They are interested in closing your deal, at the highest price, and moving on to the next customer.

Old 03-28-2005, 11:35 PM
AceArt
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Grover
I hate working with a comission salesman (high pressure and greed). They are interested in closing your deal, at the highest price, and moving on to the next customer.
Definitely wrong...or should be. You're describing the "aluminum siding" stereotype of salesman who changes companies every year. A good question to ask a salesman is how long they've been there. A career "commission salesperson" lives off of repeat and referral business. They will almost always treat you right. Also, sometimes a new person will go out of their way trying to build a business. Finally, if you haven't heard it a million times already, shop towards the end of the month. No sales...no eat next month!
Someone who works for a salary can be just as big a jerk as someone who works for commission and vice versa.
Finally, I tend to disagree re: the sales managers. Usually, the attitude on the floor comes from above.
Just my $.02

Old 03-28-2005, 11:52 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Howdy, I have always felt that what the customer wanted, that's what he was supposed to get. Now if a person wanted to explain to the buyer that something might be a little better, I felt that that was OK but in the long run, what the customer wanted, that's what he got. That's how you might get repeat business.

Old 03-29-2005, 01:47 AM
ApeKing
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

There is a parts guy like that at HD of Atlanta (he used to be in sales) He has done it to me and Ive heard him doing it to others as well. He seems to always be telling people what THEY want. I got a little short with him once and if it happens again I may just be asked to leave. That is such bullshit to assume you know better what someone wants for their bike. THis same jack *** told me I didnt wanna put apes on the RK custom and since I did everyone keeps telling me how bad *** it is and I LOVE it which is what matters most.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:38 AM
whiplush
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TnHeritage if your talking about Smth Bros. in Johnson City/Bristol (don't know which it is, kinda between them) they suck IMHO.They won't come down on the price for squat. I went in there Saturday and looked at a few things that I had previously looked at from Colboch in Morristown and everything was a great deal higher. I live about 30 minutes from Smith Bros. and when I started looking at buying a Harley the first thing everyone said at work was "Don't go to Smith Bros." Colboch was going to give me a decent deal but they were gonna have to order it so I wound up finding one at Gene Lummus in Swananoa NC. They were all very nice there. The sales guy took me around the whole store and introduced me to everyone that worked there and everyone he introduced me to gave me something. They really make you feel special and that means alot. I almost can't wait to go back for my 1000 mile service.

Quick Reply: Listen to this