General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Listen to this

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 03:34 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,914 Likes on 815 Posts
Default RE: Listen to this

Man, that's just ridiculous!!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-29-2005, 04:03 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

some of the sales people at hd think theyre doin you a favor by just letting you in the door. i know there are some great salespeople out there but there are 10 ******** for every one of them, 9 of them work around this town!!

Old 03-29-2005, 04:46 AM
ApeKing
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Anyone in the south that considers coming to Atlanta, stop in at HD of atlanta and see Holly Morgan there! Great gal, great sales person and not bad lookin either

Old 03-29-2005, 05:13 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,914 Likes on 815 Posts

I've been lucky with the salesman at my dealer. Today, when he came down to MSRP, I was actully only asking for a $600.00 discount, and he offered the lower price (lower by another $600.00+!). He's been really cool with me the whole way, never made me feel like he was somehow doing me a favour, etc... an all around awesome experience with him and the dealership.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-29-2005, 09:29 AM
Grover
Administrator Emeritus

Received 252 Likes on 122 Posts

ORIGINAL: AceArt

ORIGINAL: Grover
I hate working with a comission salesman (high pressure and greed). They are interested in closing your deal, at the highest price, and moving on to the next customer.
Definitely wrong...or should be. You're describing the "aluminum siding" stereotype of salesman who changes companies every year. A good question to ask a salesman is how long they've been there. A career "commission salesperson" lives off of repeat and referral business. They will almost always treat you right. Also, sometimes a new person will go out of their way trying to build a business. Finally, if you haven't heard it a million times already, shop towards the end of the month. No sales...no eat next month!
Someone who works for a salary can be just as big a jerk as someone who works for commission and vice versa.
Finally, I tend to disagree re: the sales managers. Usually, the attitude on the floor comes from above.
Just my $.02
99% of comission salesmen give the other 1% a bad name.

Old 03-29-2005, 12:03 PM
ApeKing
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I heard a rumor that HD corporate applied a LOT of pressure to their dealers to get back down to MSRP. The dealers were told they werent moving stock fast enough and that MSRP was the way to rectify that. I know here in Atlanta the dealers attitudes is getting better mainly because there are so many dealers now. So if dealer A wont sell for MSRP and dealer B will A has screwed the pooch! So they've ALL come back to MSRP.

Old 03-29-2005, 12:04 PM
hawk
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I,ll listen to a salesman untill I think he is spouting bullshit and then I probably look somewhere else for what I am buying

Old 03-29-2005, 12:31 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like the salesman got what he deserved, a lost sale.

Mac

Old 03-29-2005, 01:51 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

I know how ya feel. I don't like salesmen or people for that matter that feel that you should be honored just to have them give you the time of day. That's when it's time to go somewhere else.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:27 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having been a car salesman I know that it's two sided. The salesmen have to eat and will do their best to get you to buy a bike, car, etc. but most of them have been trained in-house and usually don't know better (the guy in the example above doesn't count) because they're pushed to go out and do what it takes to make a sale. As far as trying to rip you off...the salesman usually doesn't know how much the company makes off the sale. The sales managers protect that info from the salesman so it is the dealership trying to rip you off, not the individual. Not to say that there aren't some shady people in the business but there are some people who are trying to make a living the honest way. Like it was said before, repeat business and referrals are the only way to make any money in the business. Can't do that if you don't treat them right. That guy won't last long in the sales business.

Quick Reply: Listen to this