General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Witnessed a horrifying crash Sunday!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 12:24 PM
FolsomPrisonBlues
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Man, terrible story, sorry you had to witness it. I went down a ditch about 20 ft over Labor Day but had the sense to jump off the bike and knock on wood I didn't hit a tree or anything. Maybe the guy just panicked and didn't jump off or thought he could steer clear. Just reading what you wrote gives me goosebumps and reminds me how lucky I was!!

Old 11-08-2008, 11:52 PM
saltybull
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I had to take a break from the forum but I want to know I read all of your posts and I thank you all for your encouraging words and prayers!!!! I wish to thank every one of you for your responses! It really helped me get over the trauma I witnessed and had to deal with in my mind! I would also like to thank the EMS folks that ride and shared their own tragic experiences on the job! Man… You guys just rock on this forum…I do thank you all!!!!! I am getting over it but I do have to say the last ride of the season I did wear my brain bucket!!

Thanks again to all!! You guys have no idea how much I needed your responses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!

Eric

Old 11-09-2008, 01:45 AM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by saltybull
I had to take a break from the forum but I want to know I read all of your posts and I thank you all for your encouraging words and prayers!!!! I wish to thank every one of you for your responses! It really helped me get over the trauma I witnessed and had to deal with in my mind! I would also like to thank the EMS folks that ride and shared their own tragic experiences on the job! Man… You guys just rock on this forum…I do thank you all!!!!! I am getting over it but I do have to say the last ride of the season I did wear my brain bucket!!

Thanks again to all!! You guys have no idea how much I needed your responses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!

Eric

Eric,
I would like thank you and all the other paramedics, firefighters, and police here on the forum and in all our cities. Those of us not in the business often overlook, or never realize, the anguish you must endure to perform your jobs. Just know that all of us thank you and the others for the services you all provide.

I know this will never leave your memory, but I hope it will not linger in your heart for too long.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:31 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I admire and thank those of you that your jobs are to help people.
Doctors, Nurses, Firefighters, Emt's, Police Officers etc...
I could not do your job I know I could not...

Old 11-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Big P
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a volunteer firefighter in my town very rewarding but when you see stuff like that it can scramble the grey matter for a while better to talk about it like you have.Good luck gettin back in the saddle.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:09 AM
klap
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by swestbrook60
Eric,
I would like thank you and all the other paramedics, firefighters, and police here on the forum and in all our cities. Those of us not in the business often overlook, or never realize, the anguish you must endure to perform your jobs. Just know that all of us thank you and the others for the services you all provide.

I know this will never leave your memory, but I hope it will not linger in your heart for too long.
..+1 on that from me too.. and from a Vietnam era veteran to the fallen biker..rest in peace brother..