General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truly windproof eyewear?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Chaos
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truly windproof eyewear?

Hey all.

I've been looking for about a year for some windproof eyewear. Goggles or glasses, it doesn't matter. Trouble is, I have yet to actually find some that ARE windproof. I have a full face helmet and hate it. If you see me wearing one, it is REALLY cold. But I am coming to need something that keeps my eyes from watering up so much. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Old 10-12-2008, 04:20 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

You've tried all the different types with the foam surround on the inside? I have several different versions of sunglasses, Panoptix (really good stuff), Harley, and even som cheapos from eBay. They all work very well for the wind. I had Lasik surgery, so I try to keep my eyes from drying out from the wind. I also have goggles with straps, but don't like the straps.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:55 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been wearing the Panoptix Raptor goggles for 2 1/2 years and they do a great job of keeping dust, dirt and wind out.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:58 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 10-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

If you want good protection and want to stay cheap, er, inexpensive, try some of the eye protection from the hardware store like Home Depo or Lowes. There are several styles and tints that sell for $10 or so. Some work better than any I've found at the cycle stores. Plus you can get them out and use them for when you're rebuilding your house.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:05 PM
M.PRUCINSKY
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a pair of PanOptix that are GREAT. Also have a pair of Wiley X that are good but dont fit my face quite as well.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:08 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Other Sheep
If you want good protection and want to stay cheap, er, inexpensive, try some of the eye protection from the hardware store like Home Depo or Lowes. There are several styles and tints that sell for $10 or so. Some work better than any I've found at the cycle stores. Plus you can get them out and use them for when you're rebuilding your house.
I agree! Plus I tend to get my riding glasses scratched. Cheapos, No big deal! I am not out of alot of money.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:12 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Other Sheep
Originally Posted by wideglide95th
I agree! Plus I tend to get my riding glasses scratched. Cheapos, No big deal! I am not out of alot of money.
But remember, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, as for me and my eye sight, I want good quality, and good protection, of course all safety glasses have to meet Z81.7 code or what ever it is now, in my option, I want the best or at best close to it. Have you ever had a pair of glasses break while riding, I have, it's not much fun, not to mention the fact of not having glasses to be able to ride and get more.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:31 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

3/4 JetII with the clear face shield.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I always carry more than one pair of glasses on the bike. I like my Panoptix, with the transitions lenses, I also have a pair of WileyX sunglasses. They are pretty good. Early morning (4 AM0 I use a pair of wraparound Amber shooting glasses, and I always xcarry a cheap pair of wrap around sunglasses. Most of the time, due to personal preference, I use the cheap sunglasses and never have a problem with wind in the eyes.

Quick Reply: Truly windproof eyewear?