General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines Fuelpak

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 06:04 PM
sedbiker62
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vance and Hines Fuelpak

It's time for upgrades to the new Ultra. I've read the information regarding the SERT and the PCIII. I am interested to know if anyone is currantly using the V&H Fuelpak. If so, what are the pro's and con's?

Steve[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-31-2006, 06:17 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 03-31-2006, 06:40 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Vance and Hines Fuelpak

If you are staying stock on the engine and going no further than Stage 1 Air and exhaust (preferably V&H) then the Fuelpak is perfect. If you like to mess with settings or go off the reservation muffler-wise then go with the SERT or PCIII.

I run the FP on my bike as well as on my previous HD and really like the performance. Easy install and even easier setting procedure. Total time for install and setting = 30 minutes or less.

Primo

Old 03-31-2006, 07:10 PM
sedbiker62
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. My dealer is also recommending the FP. I don't plan to do any other engine mods and also felt the FP was the better choice for me. I don't care to mess with the settings, just want to throw my leg over and ride.
I have a set of SE PRO slip fit mufflers that I will be putting on. However, V&H did not have a specific set of settings for this muffler. I've been on the phone with V&H and they are trying to come up with the values for my pipes and say they will call back today. If for some reason V&H cannot come up with the values, my other option according to my dealer is to have the bike dyno'd. Kinda defeats the economics of the FP if I have to go that route.
Have you ever had any reliability issues with the FP?

Steve[sm=icon_rock.gif]
ORIGINAL: Primo

If you are staying stock on the engine and going no further than Stage 1 Air and exhaust (preferably V&H) then the Fuelpak is perfect. If you like to mess with settings or go off the reservation muffler-wise then go with the SERT or PCIII.

I run the FP on my bike as well as on my previous HD and really like the performance. Easy install and even easier setting procedure. Total time for install and setting = 30 minutes or less.

Primo

Old 03-31-2006, 09:28 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: sedbiker62

Thanks for the reply. My dealer is also recommending the FP. I don't plan to do any other engine mods and also felt the FP was the better choice for me. I don't care to mess with the settings, just want to throw my leg over and ride.
I have a set of SE PRO slip fit mufflers that I will be putting on. However, V&H did not have a specific set of settings for this muffler. I've been on the phone with V&H and they are trying to come up with the values for my pipes and say they will call back today. If for some reason V&H cannot come up with the values, my other option according to my dealer is to have the bike dyno'd. Kinda defeats the economics of the FP if I have to go that route.
Have you ever had any reliability issues with the FP?

Steve[sm=icon_rock.gif]
ORIGINAL: Primo

Primo
No reliability issues with this one or the last.

Howeverthe guys at the local V&H performance/repair shop tell me that a dyno really doesn't work well with the FP.

According to them it's designed to be set once according to factory settings and then left there. No tuneability. Mine works great as is.

If the factory can't come up with values for the settings you might have to go one step up with the PCIII unless you would consider and are able to return your SE Pro's and go with some V&H Ovals or another V&H model of your choice. I love my Ovals as do 2 out of the 3 other guys I ride with normally. #3 is waiting on some Rineharts.

Anyway hopefully V&H can come up with something for the muffs you have now.

Good Luck,

Primo

Old 04-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Gunkholes
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for the easy installation of the FP. Has anyone experienced mild decel popping after the install? Once I added the V&H Ovals, I started hearing it. I then added the FP & Stage-1. Performance is fine, but there is still some deceleration popping (not too bad, but there, nevertheless). Maybe it's normal? No other performance mods on the bike.