General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines, great customer service!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008 | 05:11 PM
Lord Bundrick
|
Cruiser
Thumbs up Vance and Hines, great customer service!

I just wanted to post a story of the amazing customer service I rec'vd from Vance and Hines.

I have the short shots for my XL1200N and about 2,000 miles after i installed them i noticed a rattle at WOT or close to it. I was thinking to myself, crap i hope that isn't a valve rattle or lifters or anything! I get home, check the oil first and that was fine (phew). then i gave the exhaust the ol' kick test and i heard the rattle.

turns out the dogbone and bolts had disappeared from the lower pipe's mount. Well ****! i dont want to ride with my lower pipe hanging on only by the manifold, which means i can't ride and it also means that when i was doing forward controls and exhaust at midnite after 6 beers i must have forgotten the ol' loctite! oops!

Anyway, got to work Friday and before i left for the day i emailed the generic V&H address and monday when i came in at 8am (in case my boss reads this-LOL) there was already a reply from the customer service rep who advised me to call her asap. with one quick, friendly call to Wendy@ V&H, she knew exactly what parts i was talking about and sent me two sets (one extra) of hardware free of charge, and priority mail! GTFO! i was so stoked!

I wish all companies still believed in such amazing service. they will get my business for all my riding years if i can help it!

Old 10-09-2008 | 05:21 PM
Miami Cruzer
Tourer

That's one of the reasons I chose V&H LONGSHOTS for my DELUXE......
besides an AWESOME sound WITH quiet baffels, their customer service is "legendary"!

Old 10-09-2008 | 05:21 PM
FolsomPrisonBlues
Road Master

V&H are really good. Good products, too. I had Samson pipes before and they were $hit. When BOTH heat shields broke on my set I called and emailed them, never got a response back. So this past Spring I got V&H Short Shot Staggereds. MUCH better quality. I'm now a customer for life....