General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bored at work

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008 | 01:00 PM
thomaskray
|
Road Master
Default Bored at work

I work in IT so when everythings running good, there's nothin for me to do. I could probably find something to do like cleaning up A/D or configure alerts on the SAN (if you work in IT, you'll know what I mean.)

So just throwing out a random question... How loud is too loud?

Or you can just ignore me and I'll continue reading other posts as meaningless as this one.

Old 10-09-2008 | 01:14 PM
Slaps
Road Master

Originally Posted by thomaskray
I work in IT so when everythings running good, there's nothin for me to do. I could probably find something to do like cleaning up A/D or configure alerts on the SAN (if you work in IT, you'll know what I mean.)

So just throwing out a random question... How loud is too loud?

Or you can just ignore me and I'll continue reading other posts as meaningless as this one.
If I worked for IT and was bored I'd be playing games on the pc instead of reading the forums. All my IT buddies play games while at work watching and making sure other people don't...... Lucky bastards.

If you ears bleed then it's too loud.

Old 10-09-2008 | 01:16 PM
thomaskray
|
Road Master

wish somebody woould post something about chaps, waves, jackets, or HD logos. Just so I'd have something funny to read.

Old 10-09-2008 | 01:21 PM
tano01
Road Captain

wish somebody woould post something about chaps, waves, jackets, or HD logos. Just so I'd have something funny to read.
I think that has to be done on the BS forum now...

I think the loudness issue varies by individual and what type of riding you do. My brother in law has pipes so damn loud you can hear them in the next state away. He rides to work and around his area, no extended time in the saddle. I made sure that my pipes would be somewhat loud, but nothing so loud that I would hate taking an extended ride (which I do often since I live in Florida - year round riding). To each their own.

Old 10-09-2008 | 01:25 PM
Stixman
Cruiser

I work in IT and I am at work as well. I'm wearing my "assless" (unless you count the wearer) chaps as I type.
Right now I'm "posing" as someone working. If it gets much more boring I may have to down our mail server or something and watch the Helpdesk phones light up.

Old 10-09-2008 | 01:27 PM
thomaskray
|
Road Master

What do you guys think about sleeveless vests? I think they look good with assless chaps.

Man, I agree with Stix. I gotta break something and watch the help desk freak out.

Old 10-09-2008 | 01:28 PM
Slaps
Road Master

What do you guys think about sleeveless vests? I think they look good with assless chaps.
As long as you wear them with sleeveless shirts there ok.

Old 10-09-2008 | 01:35 PM
jto667
Tourer

Can someone suggest what kind of pipes I should get if I have this, that and the other thingy?

Old 10-09-2008 | 01:39 PM
FolsomPrisonBlues
Road Master

Originally Posted by jto667
Can someone suggest what kind of pipes I should get if I have this, that and the other thingy?
Loud ones!!

Old 10-09-2008 | 01:50 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Mine are pretty dawg gone loud. I try to take it easy
around the neighborhood, but on the road........look out.

Quick Reply: Bored at work