General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a new or older patch?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 11:17 AM
captain m
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink another sad story

the other day,my dog chewed a hole in the back of my jacket so I put a blow-out patch on it.I stopped at my local bar and a couple dudes from Mr.Tire started giving me crap about it and proceeded to cut it off.........It's a good thing the Michelin Man came in.... we got everything straightened out in no time.
He told me that I had a lotsa' guts for wearing that patch and accepted me today as a full patch Michelin man!!!! How cool is that!!!!....Now I just gotta watch out for the Dunlops

Old 11-01-2008, 11:19 AM
IlDuce
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by captain m
the other day,my dog chewed a hole in the back of my jacket so i put a blow-out patch on it.i stopped at my local bar and a couple dudes from mr.tire started giving me crap about it and proceeded to cut it off.........it's a good thing the michelin man came in.... We got everything straightened out in no time.
He told me that i had a lotsa' guts for wearing that patch and accepted me today as a full patch michelin man!!!! How cool is that!!!!....now i just gotta watch out for the dunlops
traitor! Lol

Old 11-03-2008, 01:18 PM
tinker1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it more depends an the @ssh01e wearing the patch rather than the patch itself. If you're asked about it and give a respectful answer, I doubt you'll find trouble. No rockers, that in itself suggests that you won't have problems.

I got asked about a skull and X bones patch I had on the back of my cut once by a member of the Outlaws MC. I was respectful, and we ended up first shooting the **** for an hour or so then taking a ride to the next town and having a beer together. He was a great guy. I had this experience because I was respectful of both his club and him.

Wear what you want. As long as you don't wear rockers that claim territory you should be ok. Just be respectful - treat them as you would have them treat you. As Mr. Barger has been quoted as saying, "treat me good, I'll treat you better, treat me bad, I'll treat you worse."

Old 11-10-2008, 08:07 AM
kwas
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting thing about being a LEO in Chicago (currently the murder capital of the US), is sometimes we get a special someone who was shot for wearing the wrong colored shoe laces in the wrong hood.
So I could see where some nitwit could take anything as offensive. The object in life is to spot that nitwit before he spots you...

Old 11-10-2008, 05:23 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Okay, you bought the patch and had it sewn on. I see 3 possible scenarios:

1. You wear the jacket, no one cares and no one bothers you.

2. A member resents you wearing the patch that resembles theirs and kicks your butt, takes your jacket and disposes of it as the m/c sees fit.

3. A member resents you wearing the patch that resembles theirs, but you kick HIS butt. He then sponsers you and ya'll live happily ever afer.

My Dad always said that opinions were like azzholes, everyone has one and I have come to the age where I don't much care what anyone else thinks, I am trying to please myself, not someone else

Old 11-10-2008, 05:26 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,528 Likes on 22,675 Posts

No but it's an old thread......

Old 11-10-2008, 05:39 PM
BadMoJoe
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schumacher
Thanks. Went down to F&S, picked it up, and had Estelle's sew on it on this afternoon. I think it looks pretty sweet

Is this patch available on line anywhere? Does it have a name that I might be able to google?

Old 11-10-2008, 06:04 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

There are some on ebay at the moment:
http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/s...=32%26fsoo%3D2