General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long...But FUNNY!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 08:15 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,364 Likes on 8,413 Posts
Default Long...But FUNNY!

Found this on a blog I go to and thought I'd share. Guy has a twisted sense of humor but I find him funny....enjoy

Motorcyclists... To Wave or not to Wave?

I love motorcycles, and I love riding. Like many of you, what first drew me to bikes was not just the experience of riding,
but the feeling that I'd become part of a special community—a brotherhood, really. Nothing calms me more than a long ride
down the interstate, waving to the members of my beloved clan. Except when I pass Harley guys. I hate Harley guys. Hate, hate,
hate. When they pass me on the highway, you know what I do? I don't wave. With their little tassle handlebars and the studded
luggage and the half-helmets—God, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. Oh, I do hate those guys. I don't wave at them, either. They think they're so great,
sitting all upright, with their 180-degree German engines. God, I hate them. They're almost as bad as those old boys on
their touring motorcycles. You know what I call those bikes? "Two-wheeled couches!" Get it? Because they're so big. They
drive around like they've got all day. Appreciate the scenery somewhere else, Grampa, and while you're at it, I'm not waving
to you.

Ducati guys—I don't wave at them either. Why don't they spend a little more money on their bikes? "You can have it in any
color you want, as long as it's red." Aren't you cool! Like they even know what a desmo-whatever engine is, anyway. Try finding
the battery, you Italian-wannabe racers! I never, ever wave at those guys.

Suzuki guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either. They always have those stupid helmets sitting on
top of their stupid heads, and God forbid they should wear any safety gear. They make me so mad. Sometimes they'll speed by
and look over at me and you know what I do? I don't wave. I just keep on going. Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys.
Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? Team Green whatever. I never wave at Kawasaki guys.

I ride a Triumph, and I'll only wave at Triumph guys, but even then, I'll never wave at a guy in full leathers. Never, never,
never. Yeah, like you're going to get your knee down on the New York Thruway. Nice crotch, by the way. Guys in full leathers
will never get a wave from me, and by the way, neither will the guys in two-piece leathers. And I'll tell you who else I'm not
waving at—those guys with the helmets with the loud paintjobs. Four pounds of paint on a two pound helmet–like I'm going to
wave back to that! I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor. Or helmet stickers. Or racing gloves. Or hiking boots.

To me, motorcycling is a like a family, a close-knit brotherhood of people who ride Triumph’s, wear jeans and a leather jacket
(not Vanson) with regular gloves and a solid-color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing gloves and regular boots
(not Timberlands). And isn't that what really makes riding so special?

Old 10-08-2008, 09:52 PM
murd
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

... kinda narrows things down a bit, doesn't it? Well worth the laugh!

Old 10-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Mighty MO
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for sharing, I wave at everyone too....except....

Old 10-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I never wave at people with no arms. Ignorant bastards never wave back. To hell with them. I also don't wave at taxi drivers when I'm standing on a curb. Every time I wave at them, they always pull over and try to pick me up. Freaking perverts. I also won't wave at people with their hand full, they never wave back, just nod. What the hell is that supposed to mean, they look like they are falling asleep.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Tango2020
Cruiser

Wow...that really hurt. I just didn't know I was so offensive!

Old 10-08-2008, 10:44 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Medicfrost
I never wave at people with no arms. Ignorant bastards never wave back. To hell with them. I also don't wave at taxi drivers when I'm standing on a curb. Every time I wave at them, they always pull over and try to pick me up. Freaking perverts. I also won't wave at people with their hand full, they never wave back, just nod. What the hell is that supposed to mean, they look like they are falling asleep.
now that's funny........

Old 10-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Ridiculous
Advanced

Originally Posted by tima
now that's funny........
+1 on that

Old 10-08-2008, 10:53 PM
swwilson77
Cruiser

Last edited by swwilson77; 02-24-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:53 PM
D6CS
Tourer

LMFAO but he has a point
I never wave at Triumph riders........
yea I do... but only when I'm wearing my chaps and fingerless gloves
just fooooooolin

Old 10-08-2008, 11:06 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts