General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe aftermarket seat?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:14 PM
daneman27
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deluxe aftermarket seat?

I recently purchased my first Harley (08 Deluxe). A few people told me not to get the deluxe because I'm 6'3" however it was really the only bike I wanted. After about 30 minutes of riding my a$$ goes numb and my hips start cramping up. I want a solo seat, so the Tallboy seat won't work. Any suggestions?

Old 10-06-2008, 07:24 PM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member

I have a mustang on my fatboy. I love it and it's comforatable as hell.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Miami Cruzer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the same delimma as you 3 weeks ago with my new DELUXE.....
I did research and could NOT find a SOLO that works like the TALLBOY!
I'm 6'3" 220lbs...........
TALLBOY SEAT is the ONLY way for you (and BEST)......
moved me BACK a couple of inches so I did'nt need to install the footboard FORWARD EXTENSIONS I had just bought....
and moved me UP a couple of inches... the leg-room, comfort, height is PERFECT NOW.
Are you in South Florida ? If so, I'll show you!

Last edited by Miami Cruzer; 10-06-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:26 PM
daneman27
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Miami Cruzer
I was in the same delimma as you 3 weeks ago with my new DELUXE.....
I did research and could NOT find a SOLO that works like the TALLBOY!
I'm 6'3" 220lbs...........
TALLBOY SEAT is the ONLY way for you (and BEST)......
moved me BACK a couple of inches so I did'nt need to install the footboard FORWARD EXTENSIONS I had just bought....
and moved me UP a couple of inches... the leg-room, comfort, height is PERFECT NOW.
Are you in South Florida ? If so, I'll show you!
I appreciate it, but I'm in Oklahoma. I really only want a solo seat. Do you still have the floorboard extentions?

Old 10-06-2008, 09:34 PM
roqueweiler
Advanced

6' 2" with a 35" inseam.
I shaved the seat as per the tips on this forum. This gained me some 2-3". I also added the Cyclevisions Go Forward extensions to the stock pedals gaining another 2-3". The Deluxe now still looks stock and fits me fine.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:58 PM
url8
Road Master

Originally Posted by daneman27
I recently purchased my first Harley (08 Deluxe). A few people told me not to get the deluxe because I'm 6'3" however it was really the only bike I wanted. After about 30 minutes of riding my a$$ goes numb and my hips start cramping up. I want a solo seat, so the Tallboy seat won't work. Any suggestions?
Dane I too wanted to go Solo and went with one of the suggestions of using the Heritage seat and it worked well for me. That with pegs on the crash bars makes for a comfortable ride. I'm 6'4" like you so give that a try.
Good luck

Old 10-06-2008, 10:05 PM
daneman27
Cruiser

Originally Posted by url8
Dane I too wanted to go Solo and went with one of the suggestions of using the Heritage seat and it worked well for me. That with pegs on the crash bars makes for a comfortable ride. I'm 6'4" like you so give that a try.
Good luck
All the Heritage seats I've found have studs. Do they make a Heritage seat without the studs?

Old 10-06-2008, 10:47 PM
chromedome
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhh the 08 Deluxe seat dilema.

The 97-03 Heritage Classic is a great fit for the Deluxe. Not studded and has a nice larger basket weave pattern. (on my bike in the sig pic) The rail is nicer also and if you are lucky you can find the small or large back pad rest that attaches to the rail.

C&C seats will have a solo seat available in a couple weeks. It will seat you an inch lower and back from stock.

Danny Gray has the Buttcrack solo and big seat solo available now. Both will seat you lower than stock and back.

Mustang has several solo seats available which will raise about an inch from stock...much like the Heritage seat.

Let's see some pics!

Last edited by chromedome; 10-06-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:59 PM
daneman27
Cruiser

Originally Posted by chromedome
Ahhh the 08 Deluxe seat dilema.

The 97-03 Heritage Classic is a great fit for the Deluxe. Not studded and has a nice larger basket weave pattern. (on my bike in the sig pic) The rail is nicer also and if you are lucky you can find the small or large back pad rest that attaches to the rail.

C&C seats will have a solo seat available in a couple weeks. It will seat you an inch lower and back from stock.

Danny Gray has the Buttcrack solo and big seat solo available now. Both will seat you lower than stock and back.

Mustang has several solo seats available which will raise about an inch from stock...much like the Heritage seat.

Let's see some pics!
Thanks for the info. I will do some more searching for the heritage seat. I like the bigger rail. I'll get pics up this weekend.