General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcyclist protest motorcyclist death!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 08:08 PM
donna.1965
Moderator "Queens Of The Road" Forum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He didn't remember pulling up behind a bike at the light?

Check his phone records, he was probably dialing or texting when the light changed.

Also, he pulled too close to the bike at the light to see him... he should have stayed back far enough that he didn't lose sight of the motorcycle.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:08 PM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by El Rey
How do any of us know if the bike didn't cut over on the truck at the last second?

Too quick to judge people.
Because we all read the article and there were eye witnesses, liberal democratic idiot. Negligence is no accident. I'd love to have a personal confrontation with you. I think I could fix your screwed up way of thinking, El Rey. How much I charged you would totally be up to you.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:31 PM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

They will probably end up installing mirrors in the front like school busses have to see anything below the hood. Then, they wouldn't have any excuses...

Old 10-06-2008, 08:33 PM
ibhsffo
Novice

The truck driver should be charged with Negligent homicide. The family should go after the driver for wrongful death.

By definition: Negligent homicide is a criminal offense that is committed by a person whose negligence is the direct cause of another person's death. "I didn't see him" is not a defense.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:42 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

It was an accident. I have been to many Biker Funerals over the yrs and most were close friends. Most were in severe violation of some state law. Not saying they deserved to die but most put themselves in harms way and they paid the price. As far as suing the driver good luck. The trucks insurance carrier will foot the bill for this one. As they should, that is what insurance is for. When riding a motorcycle you look after your own ***. Proof of that was under that truck. Locking up that truck driver will not bring back the young man, nor will it have any lasting effect on his friends and family. I frequently read with amusement the numbers of riders that drop their bikes in the garage, the gas station, at traffic lights and on and on. I have posted here before that if your annual post count exceeds your miles ridden there could be a problem. Personally I am just as comfortable riding with 18 wheelers on the interstate as I am around cars. Especially if some airhead is texting in the next lane at 75 mph or so. My biggest fear with a truck is one of those big assed tires coming loose. Ride safe and be alert, anything else will get you hurt or killed.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:48 PM
sgtjeff
Cruiser

Originally Posted by nytryder
It was an accident. No one should go to jail for an accident. The truck driver screwed up for sure, and he was ticketed accordingly. Why did the kid stall his motorcycle? Was it fit to be on the road? Was he tested for drugs or alcohol? Did he have his MC endorsement? I DON'T KNOW IF THE $130.00 FINE is proper but an accident is just that. FWIW I am not a truck driver nor have I ever been one.
No offense, but you should've quit after your first three sentences. It might be just an accident, and no one should go to jail for an accident, and perhaps he WAS ticketed accordingly,
BUT TO ASK THOSE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE VICTIM AND HIS BIKE IS CROSSING THE LINE AND UNCALLED FOR!!

Old 10-06-2008, 08:53 PM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member

It was an accident. I have been to many Biker Funerals over the yrs and most were close friends. Most were in severe violation of some state law. Not saying they deserved to die but most put themselves in harms way and they paid the price. As far as suing the driver good luck. The trucks insurance carrier will foot the bill for this one. As they should, that is what insurance is for. When riding a motorcycle you look after your own ***. Proof of that was under that truck. Locking up that truck driver will not bring back the young man, nor will it have any lasting effect on his friends and family. I frequently read with amusement the numbers of riders that drop their bikes in the garage, the gas station, at traffic lights and on and on. I have posted here before that if your annual post count exceeds your miles ridden there could be a problem. Personally I am just as comfortable riding with 18 wheelers on the interstate as I am around cars. Especially if some airhead is texting in the next lane at 75 mph or so. My biggest fear with a truck is one of those big assed tires coming loose. Ride safe and be alert, anything else will get you hurt or killed.
Please disregard this idiot. He must be craving attention. He honestly knows it was pure negligence.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:15 PM
madden23
Road Master

Umm.. so I can run over anyone I want to in a crosswalk at night and kill them and my only defense will be "I didn't see them" and I only get a 130.00 fine, so long as I'm sober. Better yet I'll do it in broad daylight and take out pedestrians crossing the light, sorry didn't see him and his three kids,didn't expect 'em to cross on red too busy on the cell phone to notice. NO EXCUSES. Someone died.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Thumper09
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's funny how I hear people change their tune, all the time.

First, everybody calls a crash "and accident because they didn't do it on purpose, therefore it's an ACCIDENT".

As soon as a motorcyclist dies, it's not considered and accident anymore. Now, that one innocent driver, is considered a criminal.

Had the trucker hit another car, it would be an innocent accident.

But, he didn't hit a car, he hit a biker. He did the exact same thing he would have done if he hit a car, in which case it would have totally been okay, but he hit a biker and now "ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, the shame on the cold blooded killer".

I, for one, have always said there is no such thing as "accidents". They are all crashes caused by foolish neglect.

But, I get laughed at for saying it. So I can now just sit back and watch everybody else react, and it's kinda funny.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Thumper09
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Locking up that truck driver will not bring back the young man, nor will it have any lasting effect on his friends and family.
A child molester and murdering pedophile just got arrested when they found 3 dead children stuffed in the dog house. I don't understand why they put him in jail. It's silly. They should let him go free because he's just going to keep on doing it anyway.

Quick Reply: Motorcyclist protest motorcyclist death!!!