General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle beach fall rally

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008 | 08:13 AM
2007ELECTRICGLIDE
|
Cruiser
Default Myrtle beach fall rally

Anyone hear how things are going in Myrtle with all the new laws, and the fact that they dont want bikers there anymore. Let me us know how things are going.

Old 10-04-2008 | 08:21 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

I look at it this way...if an individual did everything they could to make it obvious to me that I'm not welcome at their house, I wouldn't go there...MB has done that en masse with bikers...why would I want to go there and leave my $$ behind? I'll go somewhere else where me, my bike and my money are welcome...

Old 10-04-2008 | 09:07 AM
truedat
Intermediate

+1!
I agree. You don't have to tell me twice to take my money and roll!!

True

Old 10-04-2008 | 09:18 AM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member

My Son-In-Law, who is at the Rally, said that there are a lot of bikers around Myrtle,

Not a Ghost Town by any means,

More details as I get them,

He did put his stock mufflers back on before riding from Florence SC, to Myrtle,

Old 10-04-2008 | 09:47 AM
2007ELECTRICGLIDE
|
Cruiser
Default Myrtle beach fall rally

Thanks for the replys keep them coming My daughter lived there for 8 years we would go to the fall and spring rallys and go a couple more times thru all the year Now she has moved and Myrtle Beach does not want me my bike or my family there so I think that over the years I have spent alot of money in Myrtle Beach but I will never spend another penny there I may be dumb but I am not stupid I will not go were I am not welcome and spend my hard earned money I will tell everone that I know to not go To MYRTLE BEACH . Some my not agree but this is my opion and i am going elsewhere were i am welcome.

Old 10-04-2008 | 10:25 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

Myrtle Beach? Where's that?
Rally? They have a rally?
Guess I forgot ALREADY.

Read post #20 here. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showt...t=myrtle+beach

Then the follow up:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showt...t=myrtle+beach

For those that went, anyway. You can lead a horse to water, blah blah blah.

Old 10-04-2008 | 10:36 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

I know a few people going with a "I'll show them attitude."....of course, they're gonna have to eat and sleep somewhere, so they'll have to spend their $$ while they're there...yeah, that makes sense to me...

Old 10-04-2008 | 06:36 PM
GlennA
Cruiser

I rode over there today. Not much happening in my opinion. There were so many bikes leaving, I thought I would be the only one there when I arrived. We rode into Myrtle to look at a car; uneventful. Rode up to HD Spokes; three or four vendors, SOS. Went to Duffy St seafood for a shrimp po-boy and headed home. Took a detour into Florence and had a beer at Shucker's. Took the backroads home. 350 mile day. Had fun, that is what counts and Myrtle got zip from me.

Old 10-04-2008 | 06:50 PM
donkey4u
Novice

the rally is down yes. the city is not making money, but eveything south and north is jump'n 4 as many peps that are here. I work in this industry and yes we are down but so are all rallies. don't boycot the rally boycot M.B. the city. plus we all know what this is all about.

Old 10-04-2008 | 09:02 PM
outlaw0013
Road Captain

Rode up today not much happening as posted earlier. SBB was packed but not many bikes in MB proper. Article in the paper today MB is just giving out noise violation warnings but North MB gave out 4 tickets. Paper said that the fines are $106.00. Supposedly another lawsuit was filed Fri afternoon.

Quick Reply: Myrtle beach fall rally