General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle beach fall rally

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008 | 08:06 AM
grape ape
Tourer

Originally Posted by FolsomPrisonBlues
. . . During BBW, they were very cheap, lots of chew & screws, and her daughter would talk about how the hotel rooms were trashed. There was feces everywhere, public sex in the pool, trash in the halls, etc.

Oh yeah, sounds like big fun. The people (and I use that term loosely) in this group must have NO RESPECT whatsoever for their host town.

Old 10-06-2008 | 08:14 AM
grape ape
Tourer

Originally Posted by FolsomPrisonBlues
. . . But because of Political Correctness, and a visit from that extortionist, Al Sharpton, there was little the City of MB could do. If they cancelled BBW, they were considered racist. So, looks like there only choice was to crack down on ALL Bike Weeks, in order to deal with the nonsense during BBW. It is such a sad, sad state of affiars in this country when you can't point out bull$hit without getting called a racist. Pathetic.
Agree 100%!!

Old 10-06-2008 | 08:20 AM
grape ape
Tourer

Originally Posted by BlackGlide
+1 on The Rev's, they will play this card......

This is right on the money. I've seen what this card can do.

Old 10-06-2008 | 08:24 AM
drbillk
Tourer

I just got back from the Fall Rally. Had a great time. I stayed south of the city the entire time. Murrell's inlet and the surrounding area was hopping, but attendance was slightly down. The checkpoints were well advertised in advance... could get a sheet and map at the H-D dealer, and several other businesses. Wasn't all that hard to avoid the LEO's unless you wanted to draw attention to yourself.

Old 10-06-2008 | 10:09 AM
2007ELECTRICGLIDE
|
Cruiser
Default Myrtle beach fall rally

Keep the post coming like i said will never go back. Emerald isle is looking pretty good

Old 10-06-2008 | 10:13 AM
RevMike
Intermediate

Just spent three days in NORTH MYRTLE BEACH. I did not spend a dime in Myrtle Beach. The restaurants on the Kings Highway all had signs up that said "Welcome Bikers", even through the city council did not welcome them. I did notice that most hotels within Myrtle Beach were full of bikes.

The check points were very well published in both the newspaper, on the maps from HD, and on the news channels. They were not busting bikers for most of the new laws, just general infractions. One thing they did a lot of was writing expensive tickets for lighting. If you had red or blue engine lights, you got wrote up.

Everything was cool both north and south of MB. Remember, the rally is spread out almost 45 miles. Someone even organized a protest ride AROUND Myrtle Beach just to show we're still coming to the rally but most will spend their money outside of MB.

Yes, attendance was down, but places like SBB and the Dog House were still hoping and folks were spending money in the vendor areas, just not in MB.

Just my .02 worth.