General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle beach fall rally

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008 | 06:12 PM
BlackGlide
Tourer

Originally Posted by drummerart
They are afraid of the Reverens coming to town to sue them if they shut down just BBW. Judges have been on their side way too many times.
+1 on The Rev's, they will play this card......

Old 10-05-2008 | 07:02 PM
dynhd1
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jhoyda
I am leaving Myrtle Beach right now, I had fun, didn't spend any money in the city limits and will probably go back.

There are a bunch of articles in the paper about the new rules and bike week.

Dana Giarla, the burnout "manager" at SBB said it best:

"I totally disagree with what Myrtle Beach is doing and I want them to call a spade a spade. What they are really concerned about is the black bike week."

I think you can't hit the nail on the head any harder than that! I'm glad they actually put that in the paper. They even had a picture of him.

+1 and right on the $ Dana

Old 10-05-2008 | 07:07 PM
FolsomPrisonBlues
Road Master

Two years ago I was at a local watering hole and a state cop sat down at the table next to us. We got talking to him (he was black, btw), and he said that Harley Bike Week was a pleasure. He enjoyed the riders, and the MOST the cops had to deal wih was an occasional drunk and disorderly, an occasional speeding, and the occasional DUI. During Black Bike Week, however, he said it was a nightmare (his words). There were rapes, stabbings, thefts, drunk in public, drugs, etc., etc. He said they would add extra cops during BBW just to deal with it. This was a BLACK cop. Last year we got talking to the bartender at a local watering hole whose daughter happened to work at a hotel. She said they LOVED Harley Bike Week, everyone was generous, and there were no problems. During BBW, they were very cheap, lots of chew & screws, and her daughter would talk about how the hotel rooms were trashed. There was feces everywhere, public sex in the pool, trash in the halls, etc. But because of Political Correctness, and a visit from that extortionist, Al Sharpton, there was little the City of MB could do. If they cancelled BBW, they were considered racist. So, looks like there only choice was to crack down on ALL Bike Weeks, in order to deal with the nonsense during BBW. It is such a sad, sad state of affiars in this country when you can't point out bull$hit without getting called a racist. Pathetic.

Old 10-05-2008 | 07:26 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member

A problem with the above post is that BBW is not held in Myrtle Beach, It's held within the city of Atlantic Beach which had always been the traditionally black section of the beach. I think that is the intent of the ordinance charging anyone else costs for non permitted events in the city of MB. While we as Harley riders pretty much behave ourselves, there are always a few idiots in every crowd. Witness all the citations written for crap that should never have been written. No endorsement? No tag ? No insurance ? DUI ? You'd get ticketed for that at your hometown so to me that isn't Bike week related and you'd be an azzclown for getting that ticket at home too. I agree with the remainder of the post just above. If one group is causing the problems, crack down on existing laws and aggressively enforce it. Let those who act like they have some sense continue to come.

Bubba

Old 10-05-2008 | 08:58 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member

A question for all...... What do ya think will happen next spring when all of the Black Bikers show up for BBW? Just curious.

Old 10-06-2008 | 12:02 AM
WannaBuy
Cruiser

The majority of the new laws that were passed don't go into effect until 90 days after the bill was signed so they were not enforceable this fall.

Old 10-06-2008 | 06:19 AM
jhoyda
Advanced

Originally Posted by will2002
A question for all...... What do ya think will happen next spring when all of the Black Bikers show up for BBW? Just curious.

It is going to be BAD! They had enough trouble before, now they are going to try and enforce their new rules!? People are going to get angry with the cops and they are going to have more trouble than ever. I really don't think the city has any idea what is in for when they try to enforce their new legislation against thousands of famously troublesome bikers. I wouldn't want to be within 100 miles of that place during that week.

Old 10-06-2008 | 06:42 AM
my3sons
Intermediate

Was at the rally all week. Yes the numbers were down in the city of Myrtle Beach, however it was almost normal in North Myrtle Beach, and in the southern end, Garden City, Murrells Inlet area. The city of Myrtle Beach had 2 check points set up during the week. It was no big deal. The only ones that had a problem was those that were drunk, had no license or insurance. The word is don't boycott the spring rally, if you do than the Myrtle Beach city council wins. What we need to do is attend the rally and boycott Myrtle Beach. It is very Easy to get around without going into the city limits. Stay in the north end and the southern end you will have a better time.

Old 10-06-2008 | 06:54 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mad Mike
You gotta be sh**in' me With all the advanced warnings, all the frickin' publicity, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum how is it possible that some f'n idiots show up with outstanding warrents, packin', no proof of insurance, invalid drivers licence, etc. I'll stop here before I have to run in and take another ace inhibitor
I would of steered clear of MB out of principal myself but by chr*st if I had to stick my hand in fire I'd a had the frickin' sense to make sure I had a glove on it
Guy's, if the shoe fits wear it, I really worry sometimes why we waste the time posting warnings on this forum - I still love that sig that states 'stupid should hurt.'
Some ppl learn by listening.
Some ppl learn by seeing/reading.
And there are those who will jus' have to p*ss on the electric fence, in order to learn.
So, Mike, did you have a good time there?
And did you have dino or syn in the scoot for the trip?

Old 10-06-2008 | 07:53 AM
Mad Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
Some ppl learn by listening.
Some ppl learn by seeing/reading.
And there are those who will jus' have to p*ss on the electric fence, in order to learn.
So, Mike, did you have a good time there?
And did you have dino or syn in the scoot for the trip?
You're later than usual today Gump, have a sleep-in this mornin'
Guess it just hit me the wrong way when I read it - it was so freakin' predictable. But I still stick by the 'stupid should hurt' know what I mean I think
MB just never did it for me but damned, I do miss ridin' in the Carolina's though.

Quick Reply: Myrtle beach fall rally