General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shotgun across my back....

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 07:32 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like riding with my shotgun stapped to my back. I also carry claymores tied all up and down my legs. Several hand grenades can be found dangling from my vest along with about 50 throwing knifes. Strapped to my sissy bar I have bangalore torpedoes for congested traffic situations. Flamethrower is usually with me too but it's awkward at times to manuever while riding. When situation gets real bad, I just call in an air-strike.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BobStreetBob
I like riding with my shotgun stapped to my back. I also carry claymores tied all up and down my legs. Several hand grenades can be found dangling from my vest along with about 50 throwing knifes. Strapped to my sissy bar I have bangalore torpedoes for congested traffic situations. Flamethrower is usually with me too but it's awkward at times to manuever while riding. When situation gets real bad, I just call in an air-strike.
I do all that, but then yell "COBRA!!!"

Old 10-02-2008, 08:15 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You can carry in the open in Oregon, no problem except of course in airports, courthouses etc.

Oregon's constitution has a better right to keep and bear clause than the US constitution so you have a right to a ccw unless you have a criminal record.

We also have gobs of Federal land that's all open for hunting. Of course out here in the county where we are I could score a deer or turkey on my own property. I won't though - we like looking at them too much.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:45 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by medicfrost
i do all that, but then yell "cobra!!!"

"hooo-ahh'

Old 10-02-2008, 12:02 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,869 Likes on 13,481 Posts

obama's ol lady has the answer,guns for criminals only!

Old 10-02-2008, 05:01 PM
lanceropolis
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
How do you feel about bikers who drive SUV's?
Totally fine with em. If they ride, they are driving 100 times more defensively, and I have a feeling that they would be looking out for me if anything went down. You know, get out of the suv and beat down the ****** that think texting while driving a rice burner is cool.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:02 PM
lanceropolis
Tourer

I could be way off base, but if you don't have a cage, and it isn't concealed, and it is not loaded, I don't think that law enforcement would say much. It is on your person, but I think that it is being transported so it should be ok. Don't know though, should be a requirement as far as I am concerned.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:29 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Fear Night
If we rode around in traffic with a shotgun across our back we WOULD get noticed (and probably arrested). When we don't, nobody ever sees us. Amazing, isn't it?
It's not as though bikers have the corner on the "I didn't see you" market. Do you think when someone pulls out in front of another car or a truck, they say "I saw you, but I pulled out in front of you because I wanted you to hit me."?

When I drove a truck, I had far more people pull out in front of me than I did on my way to and from work on my bike.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:44 PM
CopperGlide
Intermediate

As a general rule, a person may legally open carry in Washington State in any place it is legal to possess a loaded handgun. To open carry in a vehicle (i.e., car, bus, etc...) a person must have a valid concealed pistol license. Some police agencies can be unfriendly towards open carry, so it is important that before a person exercises their right to bear arms in this fashion they acquaint themselves with relevant laws.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:01 AM
BlackRob
Tourer

I live in NC and have a concealed carry permit. My pistol is usually "accidentally" visible from the wind blowing my shirt. I have gotten some strange looks but at least they saw me. Totally legal.

Quick Reply: Shotgun across my back....