General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another idiot on a phone........

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 02:36 PM
donr101395
Extreme HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Angry Another idiot on a phone........

Got rear ended today. More like a tap that pushed me about 10 feet. So I'm going to PT this morning the traffic at the gate was bumper to bumper stop and go; while I'm stopped the jacka$$ behind decided to go He thought he was helping the situation by jumping out and saying "My bad, dog. I was on the phone with my supervisor. I was telling him I would be late." It took every ounce of strength to not choke the kid out. I managed to keep it professional, but let him know I wasn't his "dog" and he needs to put the cell phone away and pay attention to what he's doing. In the back of my mind I kept thinking "how late would he be if he had to stop at the clinic and get the phone removed from his a**." No damage to the bike or me, the plastic bumper on his Escalade kinda acted like a spring against my tail light and pushed me away. Just glad that he wasn't going faster than about 5mph and that I always leave a couple of car lengths. Woulda/coulda sucked to get pushed into the car in front of me.

Rant off

Last edited by donr101395; 09-30-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:41 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

See it every day, it is outta hand! Many threads have been started about this and some states are passing laws. I can only tell you that you have to be the most defensive one out there and when you let your gaurd down you will end up hurt or worse! You are lucky it was just a tap, glad your OK!

Old 09-30-2008, 02:55 PM
morepowr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep see all kinds of azzhats on the cell phone around here. I absolutely love them when they are on the phone and pull up on the side my pipes are on. I make sure to interupt their call.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see that everyday around here, everyday there are bumper pieces on the ground, cars with dented bumpers.

They should come up with something that would make these people learn. Brand them with the letter A or something like that.

Enough worse are the woman who are putting on their makeup while they are driving.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:37 PM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

13 year old girl was just killed in Citra Fla. when a semi plowed into the back of her school bus stopped with the flashers on and signs out. Said he didn't see the bus he was on the cell phone!

Old 09-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mordrapheus
I see that everyday around here, everyday there are bumper pieces on the ground, cars with dented bumpers.

They should come up with something that would make these people learn. Brand them with the letter A or something like that.

Enough worse are the woman who are putting on their makeup while they are driving.
+1 on the women and makeup.

My favorites are the bidness men who have the morning paper stuck to the steering wheel reading while drinking their coffee.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:46 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by honestbob
13 year old girl was just killed in Citra Fla. when a semi plowed into the back of her school bus stopped with the flashers on and signs out. Said he didn't see the bus he was on the cell phone!
Thats freakin terrible! Not to kick a dead horse but their are people that swear that they can use their cell phones with no problem while driving whatever their driving! I say BS!

Old 09-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My idea was to put a motion sensor in all cell phones, blackberrys, etc. Anything over walking speed and the thing shuts down.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Wireline King
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bluzmn59
My idea was to put a motion sensor in all cell phones, blackberrys, etc. Anything over walking speed and the thing shuts down.

Dude, That is an awesome idea! Lots of cell phones already have some type of signal tracking in them for the internet; seems to me someone could implement that idea and save lots of lives.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:48 PM
LucklessPedestrian
Road Captain
Default Right On!

Originally Posted by Bluzmn59
Best idea I've heard in some time...it's getting so out of hand. What can so many people find so much to talk about, I spend a good portion of my day on the phone at work (service mangler) and the last thing I want to do when driving home in my cage is get on the phone jibber jabber.

Quick Reply: Another idiot on a phone........