Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victory Motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 07:25 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by snakeinthegrass
Just came back from Bikes, Blues and BBQ in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Could not believe how many people are riding Victory's. They have a Victory dealership in Rogers, AR within a mile of the Pig Trail Harley Dealer. I guess it helps if you have a dealer nearby. 4 large cities in the area, Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers and Bentonville (home of Wally World). Nice to see another mainly American made V-Twin in competition with Harley.
Rogers AR is a big city. FDOTFLOL...

Old 09-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Roadjunkie1
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Geoff
I don't see many Victorys around Chicago. Not many dealers.
The old Indian dealer on Rand road in what I believe to be Mt Prospect is now a Victory Dealer.

I've seen quite a few and ride with a couple dudes that own the King Pin. Damn nice bikes and lots of power right out of the crate. Some interesting innovations such as a one piece crank case/ Primary back plate/ trans housing.

I see a future for Victory...that is, if our economy holds out. YIKES!

Old 09-29-2008, 07:45 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesssman
At Street Vibrations this past weekend, I sat on a Victory bagger and it was comfy! Much easier to balance than my Harley. Walked away thinking how much I liked the bike. I then slapped myself back to reality... it's a Harley or nothing... I want to say thanks to the nice couple who offered to buy me a drink if I would stop slapping myself. However, when I told them the reason, they joined in on the slap fest!
I havn't see a Victory I didn't think was ugly as crap. I guess I lean toward a vintage look and Victory seems to range from V-rodish shapes to that science fiction looking bagger - I hate that stuff. I'd pick a Japanese vintage-style Harleywannabe long before a Victory.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:54 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would also go to a Japanese bike or a Triumph before I would even consider a Victory.
Tom

Old 09-29-2008, 09:28 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

We have atleast three Victory dealers that I know if in my area, but I still don't see all that many on the road. I see some, but not a lot considering I live less than ten miles from one of the dealerships. I understand the whole balance thing, but to me when you have both the exhaust and the belt drive on the right hand side, it makes the left side of the bike look bare. That's the only thing I don't like about Sportsters, and the only thing I don't like about Victorys. To me big twin Harleys are still well balanced bikes even with their left side drive. One other thing to think about. There are a lot of independant shops that work on Harleys. With a Victory you would probably be stuck getting it worked on at a dealer only. Unless ofcourse you turn wrenches yourself.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:34 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,

There's a few of them on the road around here with dealers around. I think the big issue is reliability. But then again...Look at their parent company: Polaris!

Old 09-29-2008, 09:39 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

belt and exhaust on the same side.......yeh, ugly as sin

Old 09-29-2008, 09:39 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluesssman
At Street Vibrations this past weekend, I sat on a Victory bagger and it was comfy! Much easier to balance than my Harley. Walked away thinking how much I liked the bike. I then slapped myself back to reality... it's a Harley or nothing... I want to say thanks to the nice couple who offered to buy me a drink if I would stop slapping myself. However, when I told them the reason, they joined in on the slap fest!
Slapping themselves, or slapping you?

Old 09-29-2008, 09:41 PM
goinsideways136
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they look 'nessed up to me. not my style. old school all the way

Old 09-29-2008, 09:51 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
belt and exhaust on the same side.......yeh, ugly as sin

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I just said it makes the left side of the bike look bare. I used to own a Sportster, and looks wise that was the only thing I didn't like about it. They are good bikes, just for my personal taste I prefer the belt on the left side.

Quick Reply: Victory Motorcycles