General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victory Motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 04:21 AM
Mad Mike
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fear Night
Here is a review of the Victory Vision vs. H-D Electra Glide. The guy can't stand the H-D because of the vibration and how it lets too much wind by. If I didn't want vibration and wind in my face I'll ride in a cage! What a wuss ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB1gtpKS2Wc
Over here we'd call him a woofter, and I'm guessing the dealer is an even bigger one The VV reminds of the BMW K1200 LT - neither of 'em have any character and I suspect anybody ridin' those things is wearing pink tights. Wouldn't catch me being seen even goin' into the dealer but I'm sure some yo-yo will introduce over here so we can all have a good laugh too

Old 10-02-2008, 05:04 AM
DMas
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fear Night
Here is a review of the Victory Vision vs. H-D Electra Glide. The guy can't stand the H-D because of the vibration and how it lets too much wind by. If I didn't want vibration and wind in my face I'll ride in a cage! What a wuss ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB1gtpKS2Wc
Yeah, the guy who did the test rides seemed to be pre-occupied with too much wind hitting him. Sounds more like he wants a 2 wheel cage. As for the host....

Old 10-02-2008, 06:55 AM
John R.
Banned

Originally Posted by scoteh
I like to wave at dumbasses who fly by me and then get nailed. And, for John R, if you think being on a HARLEY forum and trying to convince people to see things your way is a good idea then you got problems. My desire to ride a Harley started when I was quite young, and you can bet that desire was fueled in a great part by the lifestyle and tradition of owning a Harley-Davidson. If your Victory is so great, get rid of the H-Ds.
I ain't trying to convince anyone of anything other than Victory is a good bike.

There's that "lifestyle and tradition" phrase again. Explain this to me.

I had HD's before I had Victory's. As a matter of fact, it was Williams HD in Lebanon, NJ that convinced me to look at something else when they tried to be slick. Victory was a natural choice being that it's an American ride.

As for the Vision being gay, yeah, the styling isn't it's strong suit but for those of you that feel so strongly about it, why don't you send Sonny a note on how gay he is.

Attached Thumbnails Victory Motorcycles-sonnys-ride.jpg  
Old 10-02-2008, 07:23 AM
Lopoetve
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John R.
I ain't trying to convince anyone of anything other than Victory is a good bike.

I had HD's before I had Victory's. As a matter of fact, it was Williams HD in Lebanon, NJ that convinced me to look at something else when they tried to be slick. Victory was a natural choice being that it's an American ride.

As for the Vision being gay, yeah, the styling isn't it's strong suit but for those of you that feel so strongly about it, why don't you send Sonny a note on how gay he is.
If we have to explain, you'll never understand. It's pretty obvious that you just look at them as "just bikes", which almost none of us do.

And I'd gladly tell him. He's just a man, like any other man.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:25 AM
Slaps
Road Master

Originally Posted by John R.

Hey man if you enjoy the brand then great but I don't think you'll convince anyone else what they like and don't like. If people don't like the way they look then not much is going to change that.

For me if I want speed then it's a metric bike if I want style and notability it's a Harley. Sure my bike is a sportster but people see it and say "Hey is that your Harley?" I like that but really I enjoy the bike, would I enjoy a metric as much? Probably but there is plenty of time for me to get other bikes. I really was not even going to buy a Harley because I thought they were a bit over priced but the HD dealership was the only place that really wanted to deal with me. Most other places talked to me for 2 minutes and walked away. Victory was not an option because of price maybe next time I'll take a look if there is one near me.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:30 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Ok, this thread has gone on long enough.
In my opinion, it's all knees in the breeze.
Hell, if someone is on just a scooter going down the road, and they are having a good time, that's all that counts.
Who are we to judge?