Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victory Motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 06:43 PM
lanceropolis
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"BTW, wanna know why there aren't that many Vic dealers around? A Victory can go more than 100 miles without needing to stop for service or to have thier owners egos stroked! HA!!!"

"Yeah, you're a pretty funny guy...just like your H-D. Funniest thing...I love leaving you clowns in my dust. Fun to give you a ration of ****, hope to see you in my rear view mirror sometime...you'll know me by the back of my head...BRRRRAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW"

Well just to throw in my polished turd brained .02, I looked at a couple of victory's, and I like the bikes, they just weren't me. But to me, there is something about a Harley. I don't care if you don't understand. It really doesn't bother me. I just don't understand why I need to hear of your superiority because you bought a different motorcycle than a Harley. Last time I checked, I didn't have to stop before 100miles to stroke my ego (it was more like 150), and if I wanted speed I'd get a rice burner. So what's your point? You like to go fast because your bike can do it? Bravo, I'm glad you can go fast, and your bike can too. All my machines "can" go fast, but that isn't everything. For example, if I was going super fast, I wouldn't turn that corner and see the ocean in front of me in all it's glory, or seen the other things that just make you smile. But that is me. Ride what you like. I know I do.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Huh???

Originally Posted by John R.
Victory has choices of paint, wheels and parts like HD does. You can either go all out or keep it subdued. I kinda go with the "chrome won't get you home" theory and prefer black bikes myself but I won't deny someone a nod when I see a cool paint job or cool wheels.

Think like this, if you had a chance to bang a young chick with big, beautiful, perky ****, are you gonna tell her 'no thanks, ten or fifteen years from now your ***** will be around your knees and it will look tacky'?? I think not.
Uh, your analogy is kinda weak. I understand what you're attempting to say but it doesn't really apply. I don't buy a motorcycle to ride it just a few times while it's new and sweet, and in style.
There's no doubt that what Victory is doing appeals to a lot of people TODAY. My concern is that as time marches on, and fads come and go, what is appealing today is often 'out of style' tomorrow. Old Harleys that haven't been 'customed out' still have appeal today. I can't say the same about old Vics I've seen around. Of course that's my opinion.

CN

Old 10-01-2008, 06:49 PM
lanceropolis
Tourer

CN

I agree.

That analogy is not very good. Last time I checked 15 year old cams don't sag, and well... I guess we will all see who is around in 15 years.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Fear Night
Tourer

Here is a review of the Victory Vision vs. H-D Electra Glide. The guy can't stand the H-D because of the vibration and how it lets too much wind by. If I didn't want vibration and wind in my face I'll ride in a cage! What a wuss ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB1gtpKS2Wc

Last edited by Fear Night; 10-01-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:54 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,215 Likes on 8,363 Posts

I can't believe I'm reading all this crap about the victory. Come on guys,
if your gonna buy a bike.....buy a Bvld.........

hahaha

Old 10-01-2008, 07:11 PM
schwartzkm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sporty06
Victory dealers - Here today gone tomorrow. I don't know what happened to the Victory dealer in Arlington, Tx. but their gone. The first time I looked at Victory's the prices made them attractive. Then when I was ready to buy the prices were right up there with HD. Then I checked on resale - not good.

Dealers - questionable
prices - high
resale - bad

Decision made, buy the Harley since that is really what I wanted anyway.

sporty06

fyi, not that you probably care, Iron Horse Of Texas Purchased Victory Of Arlington. Just thought you might want to know.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:40 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bojo
Yeah, you're a pretty funny guy...just like your H-D. Funniest thing...I love leaving you clowns in my dust. Fun to give you a ration of ****, hope to see you in my rear view mirror sometime...you'll know me by the back of my head...BRRRRAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I like to wave at dumbasses who fly by me and then get nailed. And, for John R, if you think being on a HARLEY forum and trying to convince people to see things your way is a good idea then you got problems. My desire to ride a Harley started when I was quite young, and you can bet that desire was fueled in a great part by the lifestyle and tradition of owning a Harley-Davidson. If your Victory is so great, get rid of the H-Ds.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:45 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,121 Likes on 1,028 Posts

I might like the Victory bikes, I really don't know. But from all of the B.S. that the Victory "owners" post here, I'm almost sure that I would NOT care for them all that much! At least the ones that go to all of the trouble to go on a Harley forum JUST to trash Harleys and BRAGG on their rides. Very sad people! Flame away! It takes a "REAL BIKER" to do that.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:03 PM
fedwa001
Cruiser

I also almost bought a 08 hammer. But the dealer just wasnt listening to me. I kept telling him I wanted a right off the line no extras installed hammer. He kept trying to sell me 22,000 dollar bikes that they had tricked out at the dealership. I finnaly came to my senses and ordered a FXDC 09

Old 10-02-2008, 01:28 AM
2whlr4life
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,583 Likes on 1,468 Posts
Default Hammer

I've demoed the Hammer a couple of times. Very nice looking bike. Rides well and has good power. Not much in the way of aftermarket parts for it though. Also, too expensive by a couple of grand.

Quick Reply: Victory Motorcycles